Post Deleted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
I posted a video in the 40 Series Tech section about a guy who was trying to install front springs on his 40 and was having a hell of a time. The post was deleted (not moved) because it was thought to have been better in the Chat section. I have no idea who deleted it and without a conversation I can not even ask any questions. If it was thought to be in the wrong section, why not just move it rather than delete it? Why not start a conversation with me to explain why you thought it was more appropriate in the Chat section so I know for future submissions? It was about wrenching on a 40, installing leaf springs, and doing it all wrong. Seemed technical to me......I actually try very hard to post in the right sections but there are grey areas and subjects that could rightfully be in multiple sections. Maybe whoever deleted it would be kind enough to reach out to me that would be appreciated.

Actually, I thought I did move it....sorry about that...fat thumbs and not enough coffee.

Gentlemen, @woody & @beno , could one of you tell me why the post was not appropriate for the Tech section? I am NOT complaining, I would just like to better understand so I can better distinguish future posts and their proper place. As I mentioned in my previous post, IMO someone doing a video on replacing front springs would fall under Technical. I picked up a few tips of what not to do from the video, although usually common sense they are good reminders. Anyways, if one of you can clarify I would appreciate it just as I'm sure the Mods/Admins would like to spend less time moving posts around.
Thanks,
Drake

Honestly, I was in fly-thru mode this morning, handling private messages re: software and oddities and such. One member private messaged me noting it was chat, one other reported the post as Chat. I never watched the video, glanced at the chatty replies, and made the quick choice before diving into the next fire.

There is no black-white line on any of this....had it not been reported twice, I would have never paid attention. Had I actually taken the time to watch the video, my response may have changed. Don't know, still haven't taken the time to find where it moved to :)

Hi Woody,
No problem, prior to 2017 I had never been on a forum before so my knowledge on navigating them, proper use, communicating with others on the forum has been limited to my time being registered here on MUD. I always try to post good quality stuff, in what I think is the correct sections. Thanks to lurking :peeking:much of the time I have learned quite a bit about forums and my intention is not to cause more work for others. I'm sure you are super busy but if you have time one of these days to go back and check out the video I'm willing to bet it was OK for the Tech section. As far as those who reported it as Chat, I think you guys call it the MUD salute ;). I would be interested to know your opinion if you ever check it out.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll stop bugging you now 🍺

Not bugging at all, it's what I do ;) I hope to catch up later tonite on that stuff....and (with luck) solve a couple other oddities with the forum update ....or get the bugs analyzed and reported :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom