Post a pic of your rig... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Early stages of tear down.

Dr. Febry, good to hear from you and see what you are doing to your cruiser. I knew when I sold it to you that you had big plans for it. If there is anything I can do to help you, please le me know. I'm sure we can load up a group and head your way to help. Of course, your payment would be to join our club and put us in touch with all of those cruiser owners in New Orleans. I remember getting some correspondece from a few of them around the time you bought my vehicle.

1) How do I join?

2) How can you load pics on this message board without getting a message that you have exceeded the memory limit? I have tons of photos of the tear down if anyone needs a reference shot.

3) There is another thread going on trying to put together a Pakistani Soft Top purchase group to save on the cost of shipping. Check it out. I have a link there to an online databse where you can enter your order if you can do away with ~ $600 and wait ~ a year for delivery.

4) Galvanize!!?? Hmm. I need to research how that affects primer and paint choices.

Ricardo
TLCA# 16220

1) How do I join?

2) How can you load pics on this message board without getting a message that you have exceeded the memory limit? I have tons of photos of the tear down if anyone needs a reference shot.

3) There is another thread going on trying to put together a Pakistani Soft Top purchase group to save on the cost of shipping. Check it out. I have a link there to an online databse where you can enter your order if you can do away with ~ $600 and wait ~ a year for delivery.

4) Galvanize!!?? Hmm. I need to research how that affects primer and paint choices.

Ricardo
TLCA# 16220

1.) Looks like your current with the TLCA so you can pay the BSLCA dues via paypal there is a link here on the website http://bslca.com/Store Front/Store Front.htm or mail a check in for $25 made out to BSLCA to the club P.O. Box. You can see the address on the contacts page.

2.) For loading pictures you can create an account via photo-bucket or another account and post it here via html or buy a star have unlimited posts. The club is giving away a star and you can see it here https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=148267

My family is all from the NO area, Belle Chasse and Gretna I'm there a lot with work and family. I'd like to come by ans see you build when I there next trip. Look forward to talking with you more. :)

Larry

attachment.php

Glad you guys got to go see the rig and I'm sorry I missed the trip.

This rig is not the light yellow rig that I left a card on the windshield wiper on Kastlie Saloom. That one was a light light yellow and not NEARLY as shiny waxed! LOL...

:beer:

me

1.) Looks like your current with the TLCA so you can pay the BSLCA dues via paypal there is a link here on the website http://bslca.com/Store Front/Store Front.htm or mail a check in for $25 made out to BSLCA to the club P.O. Box. You can see the address on the contacts page.

2.) For loading pictures you can create an account via photo-bucket or another account and post it here via html or buy a star have unlimited posts. The club is giving away a star and you can see it here https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=148267

My family is all from the NO area, Belle Chasse and Gretna I'm there a lot with work and family. I'd like to come by ans see you build when I there next trip. Look forward to talking with you more. :)

Larry

Larry, this is my old FJ40 that I sold last year before buying the one I currently have. Ricardo is a very nice guy that told me he was buying the vehicle to restore himself. He has fond memories of driving/owning an FJ40 way back in the day. He is a physician in New Orleans and seemed to me to be a very meticulous guy. The last time we spoke, he was going to buy his own beadblasting and small powdercoating unit for re-doing all of the small parts on his cruiser. Hopefully, he joins our ranks. If I can help him with getting the tub off, I'll definitely do that.

Larry, this is my old FJ40 that I sold last year before buying the one I currently have. Ricardo is a very nice guy that told me he was buying the vehicle to restore himself. He has fond memories of driving/owning an FJ40 way back in the day. He is a physician in New Orleans and seemed to me to be a very meticulous guy. The last time we spoke, he was going to buy his own beadblasting and small powdercoating unit for re-doing all of the small parts on his cruiser. Hopefully, he joins our ranks. If I can help him with getting the tub off, I'll definitely do that.

Good story .... Sounds like the kinda guys I like to hang out with :lol: :lol: I'd be happy to help as well.

You are all welcomed to drop by any weekend I'm off and fooling around in the garage. Give me heads up so you don't waste a trip. This weekend I'm off and will probably go to Jazz Fest either Sat or Sun, otherwise will be working some more in the LC.

Armond, you are way too generous, but thank you very much for the comments. Truth is I do have the sandblasting cabinet, but haven't done the powder coating kit yet. I'm practicing with primer/paint in aerosol cans for small parts and they are looking OK, but not perfect. The risk in going for perfection is in never finishing the job, always waiting for the right shop to do everything at once, but never finding the time to drop it off. Tear downs are fun and easy, it's what you do with all those loose parts after that makes it seem a daunting task easier to let it go by the wayside. For me, I realized I had to start seeing some clean, shiny bare metal followed with clean, glossy paint, i.e., instant gratification, to maintain the motivation going. Soon I will start practicing with the HVLP Paint Gun system as well and compare.

Cool.... would like to see the resluts in person some time.

Scott

Good story .... Sounds like the kinda guys I like to hang out with :lol: :lol: I'd be happy to help as well.

Larry, I love the new avatar. Who would think that just minutes before that peaceful looking picture of Holden sleeping on the wheel, he was blowing the horn every 2 seconds and getting on his Dad's nerves? That really is a great picture.

Larry, I love the new avatar. Who would think that just minutes before that peaceful looking picture of Holden sleeping on the wheel, he was blowing the horn every 2 seconds and getting on his Dad's nerves? That really is a great picture.

Thanks I thought it was a good fit. The horn game was getting old; Who was incouraging that again :rolleyes: LOL

Thanks I thought it was a good fit. The horn game was getting old; Who was incouraging that again :rolleyes: LOL

Certainly, I have no idea who could have been encouraging that behavior. I do like to stir the pot though. I just remember thinking that if it were my child it would have aggravated me, but since it was someone else's child, I thought it was cute. Funny how that works.

Finally caught up with the owner of the FJ60 I've been telling a few of you about. Nice guy just moved down from Los Angeles his company bought out Pathfinder. Owns 2 cruisers 89 FJ62, and this nice 84 FJ60. He's a big cruiser fan and says he visits MUD every other day. I briefed him on the 20th meeting and also the Musson event. He didn't think there would be a club here; so I hope we can get him to meet the group. I hope he'll chime in and say hello.

Good day to all. :)

LL
PIC-0083 MUD.jpg
PIC-0084 MUD.jpg
PIC-0085 MUD.jpg

Nice rig and welcome ahead of time

:beer:

Scott

While talking to Bx for lunch I saw another 60 the same color as Puckett's and above with no roof rack or front guard. If I wasn't accross the intersection I would have run him down to give him a card. Wow, we seeing them out and about lately.

Good looking gal in a 4-Runner with a rear sticker " I LOVE G.R.I.T.S"
Girls Raised In The South :eek:

Hijack:

f7_1_b.jpg
Off topic but what the hell:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom