Possible to disable traction control completely? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HGB

Threads
Looking to go to the dunes (just want to try it once) and have some fun sliding around in my LX... problem is when it snows and I press VSC off, my 2010 LX570 automatically re-engages it once I lose grip.

It makes no sense. Is there a procedure to turn it off completely and allow me to slide around for a good 5 minute session?

Thanks in advance mudders!
DE2B2B27-4F17-4141-B10F-30013D9B9EEC.jpeg

Are you engaging your center diff lock?

No, I haven’t tried that. Mine randomly flashes from time to time on my dash even when I don’t push it. Not sure if that makes a difference but thought I’d mention it

I am not sure of this but I believe all of that VSC stuff turns off when you switch to 4Lo. At least that is what I did when stuck in the sand on the Oregon coast. I found it much easier to drive around in 4Lo with the multi-terrain mode turned to Sand. Although of course I did not set the transmission to S1 or S2. I think I left it at S6 on my 2018 which would be like S4 on your 6-speed. But, again, I'm not the expert.

You have to be at a complete stop and just press and hold the button until trac off appears. I turn it off almost every time I drive.

Try 4Hi, center diff locked. VSC should go off automatically. Airing down helps, should be interesting w/ your tires! Have fun!

Try 4Hi, center diff locked. VSC should go off automatically. Airing down helps, should be interesting w/ your tires! Have fun!

I have a set of KO2s mounted on methods too, but I think the stockers will be fine on sand!
87447943-6F73-4CC7-98B5-11B83DA0FA8C.jpeg

On sand, I air down to 15-20 psi and lock the center diff. Regular all season tires do just fine on sand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom