SOLD Portland, OR 1978 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
IMG_1332.jpg
For Sale: 1978 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser | Got an hardtop FJ43!? Interested in trades

Proudly presenting a well-loved and meticulously maintained 1978 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser, cherished in a dry, garage environment in California for the past 30 years. I am the third owner. The last fellow had it since 1988!

I'm letting it go because I'm looking for something in WORSE condition to tinker with ;)

Original Condition: Maintains much of its original charm, with a professional repaint (bondo-free) in Toyota Sky Blue in 1988. Documentation goes back to 1978 with original owner manuals and receipts

Drivetrain: Impeccably maintained original 6 cyl 4.2L 2F engine and original 4-speed manual transmission. The truck's systems have been refreshed with over $13,000 in professional work over the last three years—all documented.

Mileage: 142,000 original miles

Garage-kept: In California for 30+ years, ensuring a body is preserved from harsh elements. It's been garage-kept for the past 3 years in the PNW.

Original smog equipment: The vehicle comes with all the original California smog equipment, including a new professionally installed catalytic converter, for worry-free registration and smog compliance anywhere (passed Oregon DEQ with Prius numbers).

Tasteful mods include a 1.5-2 inch lift, 33" 12.5 mudding tires, and modified driver-side shock tower and radiator mount to install 60 series power steering. Notably, these modifications are reversible (and do not impact durability or drivability), with all parts needed for the conversion included or easily available ($300) on eBay for a reversion.

Additional Highlights: Non-origional Black Sencor bucket seats; some surface rust and minor pitting in the rear bed and blistering on the rear sill, all manageable and detailed in the provided photos.

Included in Sale:

- Hard-to-source 1986 60 series power steering gearbox (superior parallelogram 4-bolt pattern), OEM pressure and return hoses, and Volvo 240 power steering pump and pulley for those interested in installing the PS upgrade.

- Uninstalled rebuilt factory power take-off (PTO), factory Toyota PTO winch, and PTO drive shaft. Just need a shifter and bearing shaft to get winching!

- 3 sand-blasted shorty rear jump seats, ready for paint and re-upholstery. The sheet metal on one seat is in rough shape, but the frame is solid.

Asking Price: $26,500 | Got a hardtop FJ43!? Interested in trades

IMG_1753.jpeg
IMG_1742 2.jpeg
IMG_1771.jpeg
IMG_1766.jpeg

Last edited:
Solid deal! GLWS but doubt you need it

View attachment 3578774For Sale: 1978 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser | Got an hardtop FJ43!? Interested in trades

Proudly presenting a well-loved and meticulously maintained 1978 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser, cherished in a dry, garage environment in California for the past 30 years. I am the third owner. The last fellow had it since 1988!

I'm letting it go because I'm looking for something in WORSE condition to tinker with ;)

Original Condition: Maintains much of its original charm, with a professional repaint (bondo-free) in Toyota Sky Blue in 1988. Documentation goes back to 1978 with original owner manuals and receipts

Drivetrain: Impeccably maintained original 6 cyl 4.2L 2F engine and original 4-speed manual transmission. The truck's systems have been refreshed with over $13,000 in professional work over the last three years—all documented.

Mileage: 142,000 original miles

Garage-kept: In California for 30+ years, ensuring a body is preserved from harsh elements. It's been garage-kept for the past 3 years in the PNW.

Original smog equipment: The vehicle comes with all the original California smog equipment, including a new professionally installed catalytic converter, for worry-free registration and smog compliance anywhere (passed Oregon DEQ with Prius numbers).

Tasteful mods include a 1.5-2 inch lift, 33" 12.5 mudding tires, and modified driver-side shock tower and radiator mount to install 60 series power steering. Notably, these modifications are reversible (and do not impact durability or drivability), with all parts needed for the conversion included or easily available ($300) on eBay for a reversion.

Additional Highlights: Non-origional Black Sencor bucket seats; some surface rust and minor pitting in the rear bed and blistering on the rear sill, all manageable and detailed in the provided photos.

Included in Sale:

- Hard-to-source 1986 60 series power steering gearbox (superior parallelogram 4-bolt pattern), OEM pressure and return hoses, and Volvo 240 power steering pump and pulley for those interested in installing the PS upgrade.

- Uninstalled rebuilt factory power take-off (PTO), factory Toyota PTO winch, and PTO drive shaft. Just need a shifter and bearing shaft to get winching!

- 3 sand-blasted shorty rear jump seats, ready for paint and re-upholstery. The sheet metal on one seat is in rough shape, but the frame is solid.

Asking Price: $26,500 | Got a hardtop FJ43!? Interested in trades

View attachment 3578778View attachment 3578782View attachment 3578780View attachment 3578777
Price update: asking $26,500
Price update: asking $26,500 OBO
I’m interested but I don’t need PTO set up would you take 25 and if so are you located in Portland getting price on shipping thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom