Portable toilets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yeah I searched.

It's scary how many posts come up when searching the word "toilet."
242 to be exact.

None of us are afraid of pooping on the ground--even the wife--but we need a portable toilet for a family trip to the Maze district of Canyonlands this spring.

It has to be something that will fit in (or on) the 80 with all the other crap (pun intended) and keep the stank contained for a three or four days at least.

Read a couple posts recommending the PETT toilet. Anyone here have any experience with this crapper?

Any other recommedations?

Thanks.

Hayes

There was a huuuge discussion on this subject on the Pirate Board under the Rubicon Trail Talk. Sorry I don't have a link, but if you go there and (I hate to say this) search, you should have lots of reading to do.

I've recently got the PETT toilet and was intending on using it for camping tomorrow.. my plans were ruined once I remembered that I have to sit for a 3.5 hour exam tomorrow and on Thursday for a certificate I’m pursuing.. I'm a big guy and I've tried to see if it can support my weight and it seemed pretty solid.. The lid keeps falling off once opened though.. I was under the impression that it would stay upright from all the pictures I've seen online..

I've got a PETT and it's great. It would fit your criteria perfectly. The Waste bags are well thought out and the whole unit is small and easy to carry. I have a pic of Pismo Jim sitting on his in Death Valley here somewhere......

I got mine from Cabelas and ordered an estra box of 12 bags. Highly reccomended.

The Bumper Dumper's The Bomb!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahah! :D :flipoff2: :D

I'll check out the Pirate board.

Cruiserdrew, thanks for the feedback, no thanks on the action shots. The bagged-throw it in the trash system sounds like just the ticket, but the bags (w/chemicals) are pricey! Any sources for cheap bags?

Hayes

Hayes said:
I'll check out the Pirate board.

Cruiserdrew, thanks for the feedback, no thanks on the action shots. The bagged-throw it in the trash system sounds like just the ticket, but the bags (w/chemicals) are pricey! Any sources for cheap bags?

Hayes

No-they cost what they cost. Most people using the other systems, end up using the WAAG bags anyway, so just pony up the $ and be happy. We required portable toilets on Death Valley last year and it worked out. TLCA does the same for Rubicon. Each WAGG costs less than a gallon of gas, so in the scheme of things will be just a tiny part of your 4 wheeling expenses.

30mm ammo can and an ass ortment of plastic bags. It's what the river runners used to call a "groover" for obvious reasons.

Mine is the "luggable loo". The seat by itself (if you have your own 5 gallon bucket) is $9.99; the whole set up -- seat and bucket is $12.99.
Basically it's a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat attached.

Home garbage bags are what I use -- throw a little kitty litter in there to soak up the waste and you're good to go (heh, heh...that's punny).

Not nearly as fancy as the PETT, but an option for those on a budget.

Having said that...get the PETT. I'm working one into my budget.
The PETT is virtually stink free -- which, IMHO, is very important if you're carrying all your gear inside the rig. It takes up very little space once it's broken down.

I have what I have because I wanted to have something for those trips requiring such devices. :)

If money is not an option, get one of these - no bags, no carry out.... nothing...

http://www.incinolet.com/

Lists for $1999, plus you'll need a 2kW inverter, and likely a few more batteries....

But they are seriously awesome!! (there are other brands, and there are 12VDC models available. )

MrMoMo said:
If money is not an option, get one of these - no bags, no carry out.... nothing...

http://www.incinolet.com/

Lists for $1999, plus you'll need a 2kW inverter, and likely a few more batteries....

But they are seriously awesome!! (there are other brands, and there are 12VDC models available. )
Just what I like to carry. Bulky, heavy, and needing lots of power. Perfect!

:D

I have the luggable Loo on the 5 gal bucket. It works well but takes up a lot of space. The PETT used much less space.

Mike El Paso TLCA 8009

Been resisting going this route (holding it in, so to speak...), but increasingly it's necessary to reduce impact in those well visited areas. Thanks for the info, I'll start looking into the portable chitters. Compact and stinky-free is for me!

nial

Heres one but its a little big :flipoff2:
head.jpg

photogod said:
30mm ammo can and an ass ortment of plastic bags. It's what the river runners used to call a "groover" for obvious reasons.

I recall some story where on a hot summer day, the lid blew off a sealed ammo can from the heat/gas buildup on one of those river rides.

Glad I wasnt in that boat!:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom