PMC Mud and Snow Run- Saturday, February 17, 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This Saturday!!

Arrive at 8:45am to Depart at 9:00am

Directions:
North on 101
Take Hwy 20 East towards Clear Lake.
Turn off to the left towards Potter Valley.
Turn right on Eel River Rd (signs say Lake Pillsbury & there's a little store and bar there on the corner)
Go over main bridge after the turn off for the logging road to go on the county road.
Turn right onto county road after crossing the bridge over the Eel River.
Once you get to the 4 way stop at Soda Creek - turn left towards the lake and campgrounds and you'll run into the Gravelly Valley Air Strip and all the cruisers.

Allow at Least 1 hour 15 minutes from Ukiah Denny's per Tony ( takes me 1hour 25, but I drive slow). Fill up with gas in Ukiah if you need to.
Please post up here if you are going.

Also please check back here before you drive up for any last minute changes due to the Weather.

Post up if you plan on attending

I will be there probably at the right turn after crossing the bridge over the Eel River like around 7:30 or so. Like we did last year so we can caravan to the air strip. For those who has Ham radio I will be on chat 2 (147.475)for the ones with CB I will be on channel 17. Does any body go there Friday afternoon and do camping? We can camp anywhere it is BLM land. Let me know. C U there

On a trip I took to Lake Pillsbury last summer, the county road was closed and the logging road was barricaded. Do we have a solid confirmation that the county road was opened up?

My son and I are finally able to go this year. Will be leaving Santa Rosa around 6 am. First time to take it on the freeway. 55 mph all the way to Ukiah. Wish me luck.

On a trip I took to Lake Pillsbury last summer, the county road was closed and the logging road was barricaded. Do we have a solid confirmation that the county road was opened up?
To my knowledge, the county road is still closed, but the logging road is only partially barricaded. Last winter we all snuck by, even the fullsize truck with trailer :grinpimp: -Chris

If my work does not call me in, I will plan on being there this year. Maybe I will see you at the airstrip?

Post up some pictures from today.
Send a couple along with a description of the run to me by email.
Thanks
Dave

Should of been a nice day based on the weather in Bodega Bay today.

Found a bit of snow.

24D10D45-B94E-47E7-8596-15F4AD8B688B.jpeg

Here are some highlights from a nice, dusty day on the trails at Lake Pillsbury. We had a great time, saw some nicely built Toyotas and a Range Rover (that sneaked into the pack :) ). Maybe next year we'll get more snow, but for this year we couldn't have asked for nicer weather.

-Chris

pills2.jpg
pills3.jpg
pills4.jpg
pills5.jpg

pills7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom