Wanted Plow for 76 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a 6.5/7 ft plow for a 1976 FJ40. Power left/right and up/down preferred. Close to MN. a plus,thanks for the great site

Not too many people run plows on their 40's (though I have for nearly 15 years and think the set up is AWESOME). I would suggest getting a 6.5 foot, not a 7 foot. I run a Meyer brand, ST model. The lighter duty ones are good for J**Ps, but aren't heavy duty enough for the 40. You need at least 2 of the LONG trip springs, not the short squatty ones.

There's a couple snow plow forums that might yield better results when trying to find a plow. You'll likely need to fab custom mounting brackets because they're not built anymore for the FJ40s. Check out this thread for some ideas: https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/249427-snowplow-brackets-40-a.html.

PM me if you'd like to chat further about this.....

Last edited:
Snow Plow Wanted

Based on CruiserStuff's recommendation, does anyone have a 6.5 ft plow with power tilt they would like to part with?

Thanks

You have posted in the Parting Out section. Try putting up a post in the Parts Wanted section.

:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom