Please help with IPF 930 Super Rally lights installation instructions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I just got a set of IPF 930 Super Rally lights as a present to go with my newly installed ARB Sahara bar on my Land Cruiser.

The problem is that the installation instruction sheet I found inside the box is in japanese!

I wonder if someone could provide a copy of these lights' instructions in english. Needless to say, any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi,

I just got a set of IPF 930 Super Rally lights as a present to go with my newly installed ARB Sahara bar on my Land Cruiser.

The problem is that the installation instruction sheet I found inside the box is in japanese!

I wonder if someone could provide a copy of these lights' instructions in english. Needless to say, any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Lights are pretty easy. Just positive and negative wires. If you do not have a harness already, you are going to need to install one that can jump power directly off the battery once an inside cab switch is toggled. Slee Offroad sells such a harness if you are interested. You can get quality Contour switches from OTRATTW.com.

Hi,

Thank you!

send me an email to cam@ironpigoffroad.com and I will try and get a copy of the instructions in a pdf sent to you.

cam

Thank you for your kind offer

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Basically, I understand that these lights and the harness they are provided with should be fairly easy to install just by plugging everything together. The main reason I'm asking for help to get the installation instructions in english, is because just by watching the illustrations I've got in mine (can't understand a single word in japanese kanji) it seems to me that there are several ways to make them work, and I'd really like to be able to make the IPF's high beam turn on and off together with my Land Cruiser´s high beams.

Or at least I'd like to be able to know what installation options may be available to me.

I've already sent you an email with this very same explanation.

Thank you again for kind help.

Lights are pretty easy. Just positive and negative wires. If you do not have a harness already, you are going to need to install one that can jump power directly off the battery once an inside cab switch is toggled. Slee Offroad sells such a harness if you are interested. You can get quality Contour switches from OTRATTW.com.

Thank you for your insight. Unfortunately, these lights' install isn't that easy. Even though they include a complete harness for the install, each light has an H4 bulb inside allowing low beam and high beam operation. Furthermore, the harness includes a triple relay and some sort of electronic control box wired to a very nice looking seemingly two or three way switch.

It seems that there are several options to choose from regarding how they operate and by looking closely at one of the illustrations, it looks like they instruct you to tap into the oem lights wire harness. I believe this may be a way to obtain a signal to light the lights together with the stock ones. For example, turning on the IPFs each time switch to high beam.

Sorry for the confusing explanation, but my english is very limited as you can see.

Anyway thank you for your input

Amazing Customer Service

Last night, at about the same time I posted my help request here, I used the contact forms in the ARB web page and in the IPF.co.jp page to do the same.

Early this morning, when I turned on my computer I had a reply from the IPF guys in Japan providing the requested instructions in english.

A couple hours later, I got a reply which included the requested instructions, from Mr. Buddy King, sales manager, Canada & north east USA, who had been contacted by Mr. Jim Jackson, President ARB-USA, who in turn had been contacted by Mr. Simon Wright, ARB export sales from Australia, who received my request from the people in charge of receiving web site contacts.

I'm truly amazed that I got effective replies from both companies within 12 hours.

Needless to say, they can now rest assured that they have a very satisfied customer in this part of the world. They can also be sure that they will both be at the top of my list whenever I need to buy accesories for my vehicles or whenever I'm asked for an opinion or recommendation.

Thanks to all you guys of ARB in the U.S. and Australia and to the guys of IPF in Japan!

Glad to hear you got what you needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom