Plasti dip/bed liner/line x spray on rims colors help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello new guy again asking about bedliner spray on rims/wheels

My plan
1. Clean wheels with heavy duty household cleaner - soften/thin out the clear coat.
2. 2 coats primer
3. 2 coats rustoleum bed coating spray - for light smooth texture application
4. 2 - 10 coats of paint of some gray color? Would a metallic be bad over the bed liner?
5. 2 rustoleum auto clearcoat

About how long will they take to dry?

If i dont primer can i just peel off the bed liner later?

Any tips for lingevity?

Will 10 coats of color last 5 years?

Thanks in advance!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Anyone interested in the original wheels including General Grabbers HTS 275/70/16 80-90% tread left.
I am currently in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Fair offers not refused! Pain them? Second set?
(Willing to trade for parts)

image.jpg

More photos below:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Your new wheels look great.
Looks much more stout

hello new guy again asking about bedliner spray on rims/wheels

My plan
1. Clean wheels with heavy duty household cleaner - soften/thin out the clear coat.
2. 2 coats primer
3. 2 coats rustoleum bed coating spray - for light smooth texture application
4. 2 - 10 coats of paint of some gray color? Would a metallic be bad over the bed liner?
5. 2 rustoleum auto clearcoat

About how long will they take to dry?

If i dont primer can i just peel off the bed liner later?

Any tips for lingevity?

Will 10 coats of color last 5 years?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1032234 View attachment 1032235

Anyone interested in the original wheels including General Grabbers HTS 275/70/16 80-90% tread left.
I am currently in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Fair offers not refused! Pain them? Second set?
(Willing to trade for parts)

View attachment 1032236

More photos below:

I'd be curious how the bed liner holds up when removing/installing tires. Are you going to run wheel weights only on the inside of the wheel, or hammer on over the bedliner?

If you end up with just the old LC wheels, I might be interested. Trying to piece together a good set of on-road tires.

Are you selling all 5 of the 16s or just 4?

Your new wheels look great.
Looks much more stout

Its still hard to grasp that im not putting on tundra 20's, but i want to go off roading a bit more before i start thinking about changing body paint/wrap.

These seem to be great for upgraded stock look.

Its still hard to grasp that im not putting on tundra 20's, but i want to go off roading a bit more before i start thinking about changing body paint/wrap.

These seem to be great for upgraded stock look.

I like the tundra wheels the way they are. I know everyone isn't crazy about plastidip, but it's fairly durable and if you aren't sure, might be the way to go. I knick up the Bedliner in my truck all the time, so I would think smashing it on a rock might do the same.

I'd be curious how the bed liner holds up when removing/installing tires. Are you going to run wheel weights only on the inside of the wheel, or hammer on over the bedliner?

If you end up with just the old LC wheels, I might be interested. Trying to piece together a good set of on-road tires.

Yeah im trying to see what is a good option for texture and durability. I have no idea about the weights? i think theyre all already inside.

Ok no problem.

Yeah im trying to see what is a good option for texture and durability. I have no idea about the weights? i think theyre all already inside.

Ok no problem.

The outside lip of the tire usually calls for weights. You might be able to get away with stick-on's on the inside of the wheel. Just curious how bedliner will hold up to hammering a weight in and what you'll do when they need re-balance.

The outside lip of the tire usually calls for weights. You might be able to get away with stick-on's on the inside of the wheel. Just curious how bedliner will hold up to hammering a weight in and what you'll do when they need re-balance.

yeah im debating what to do. since i want to paint over the bed liner spray it may not be as easy to fix unless i just went black, which i dont want to do. but i dont want to have imperfections on the paint either, since im not a professional. im scared im gna throw them on there stock. haha yeah right?

Looking at going to those same tundra rims, is the back spacing correct for our 100's?

Looking at going to those same tundra rims, is the back spacing correct for our 100's?
Not sure, but i see a few others running them ok? Dealership was no help for me as he said he hasnt heard of anyone putting tundra wheels on a cruiser. Guess he hasnt heard of ih8mud.com ha!

yes, they fit just fine. am running them with 285/65/18's
IMG_20150101_115109_zps227eba00.jpg
Nice man. My buddy in denver has a chevy truck white with black side molding and bumpers and matching newer stock black painted wheels. Figured i make sure we didnt look like loser twins driving up to breckenridge. We dress and ride the same already.

Looks good. Hope mine turns out all right. Did you paint your side trim? Mines faded.

Man...and I just spent $590 for a set of HTS's...boo. And I'm in Cleburne. Karma....so, I painted mine with the VHT wheel paint. I actually like the color:
image1 (2).JPG
image1 (2).JPG

so after a few days of weighing my options i am getting them painted. sending prayers and funny dances to the car gods that they turn out ok! but i will try to paint the side trim and grill myself. might cover the hitch and side mirrors in bed liner also. i keep knocking into things with my side mirrors. they look terrible in a matter of days.

I may be interested. Pm me your number. I'm in richardson

left a message.

Are you selling all 5 of the 16s or just 4?

i have all 5 with the spare probly new having an older brand new michelin tire as well. will pm you if theyre still available.

yeah i decided against the look i was going for. hopefully a second set of steels will be my future bed liner wheels. i want to see it chip while off roading so i get use to the truck and know the different points of contact and how it feels while driving. im a fan of banging up trucks!

2 weeks ago! Bridgeport tx. Northwest ohv park. Last oe wheel photo.

image.jpg

yes, they fit just fine. am running them with 285/65/18's
IMG_20150101_115109_zps227eba00.jpg

I meant to tell you I was driving home a different way the other night, and I drove right by your place! I recognized your truck from when you picked up the jackstands then I saw the sick Supra too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom