Pics of BJ74 Rear Seatbelt Installs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The lack of rear seatbelts in my BJ74 is starting to become an inconvenience so I'd like to install some. I think I've read in the past here that others have had aftermarket belts fitted to their 74's. If so do any of those that do have some pictures of what the installs looks like? Or maybe a description of what you're using for anchor points?

WTF why don't they have seatbelts? is it just a way to save some money?

I used a CDN spec rear seat base for the conversion on my truck.

this allowed a 2 seat belt anchor or a single middle belt and two outborad belts with 1/2 of the mounts while the other half will be on the wheel well (I am moving to this). I did not install the depressions in floor, rather I made tall front door latches (the U loops) to catch the twin seat base clasps. digital camera is at work, but I'll try to get some off. When the seat is folded forward, the U latches are the only downside to cargo space but they do run forward to rear, not side to side.

I also scored two other bases from G&S for two friends BJ74's (thanks guys)

I saw factory shoulder belt system photos, but they involve an inner roll bar system and loot like 100 pieces or so (skip that!)

Thanks BJBully! Judging by your pictures, it looks like shoulder type belts require quite a bit more work than simple lap belts, not to mention parts. Though it looks like I may be able to do something similar to where the buckels attach in the middle of the seat.

Bj74 rear seat belts

There are no rear seat belts as the BJ74 is registered as a "cargo" vehicle in Japan. BJ 74 from Europe and Aus have rear belts, as well as rear roll bar.
You can use the bolts on the seat lock to install the female ends of your belts, and bolt the male to the wheel wells.

Simply saying thanks for tip on anchoring seat belt to rear lock. Have some in mind and will go this route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom