picked this up today 1985 Samurai SJ413 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
hey guys i just picked this up tonight for $2000

did i get a decent deal?

it has some rust.

i think it is a SJ413 . its a 1985 but it has a 1988 long block in it. it has the narrower axles than the later Samurai have.windsheild fold down hinges and brackets.
came with new top ,new rad ,new gell cell battery,new alternator ,starter,
water pump. soa ,shackle reversal, front and rear lunchbox lockers .6 point roll cage.custom bumpers .high lift jack,full size spare. 33x12.5x15
new top,bikini top,winjammer,tonneau cover ,and 5.13's ,
door hinges modified for quick door removal

here are a few picks ,it has been sitting for 5 years ,
it needs a good cleaning and some fresh paint on things.

IMG_0804 (Medium).JPG
IMG_0805 (Medium).JPG
IMG_0806 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Its a really good deal. Most people pay 1000-2000 for a good stock samurai to build what that was is.

Its an early SJ413. If it truely is an SJ410 somebody went thru the trouble to change the frame, the grill, the front fenders and the hood.

Nonetheless, its a great deal and a gorgeous zuk. I wish mine was still that clean.

Will

thanks for you info Zukinut. 413 it is .

it does have the narrower axles and springs mounted inboard compared to the later sammi's
what is weird also is that it did have the 1 liter ,but it had a 5spd ?

and i know there is an issue with the rear brakes being different also .compared to the later sammi rear brakes .?? i think different wheel cylinders .

oh well . no biggie i will just get it all fixed up and drive the crap out of it .

:cheers:

If its a 410 it should have the 1 liter. From what I remember the 5spd wont mate to the 1 liter. Maybe its a bastard model year change truck.

The difference is rear brakes is the e-brake. 410s ebrake was ounted on the tcase, 413s were mounted in the rear drums.

I know that the hood is for a 413 because it has the "hump" to clear the taller engine, and the grill is a plastic unit that came on the 85-91/92.

I cant imagine anybody taking out the metal grill and going to the plastic version, but crazier things have happened.

The 1.0 is tiny in comparison to the 1.3 thats another way to tell which engine.

There is a vin plate on the dash that should say what it is.

Have you been on zukikrawlers.com There is a good bit of info there.

Again, you have a sweet zuk. Im jealous.

thanks for the info, i havn't been to that site yet .it does have the t-case e-brake . the engine has been swapped to a later model engine .it has a 1988 1.3 l now .

i'll have to go back to the po's house .he still has the original engine ,maybe i was wrong and it was a 1.3 liter. he said the truck was all original .all he did was put a different engine in as the old one was burning a ton of oil.

thanks for the compliments. i am pretty happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom