PIAA Light Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I am basically a lazy fawker. I hooked up the PIAA 520 lights on my ARB. Got it wired to the dash and had the wire in the engine compartment that I am suppose to hook to power thats on only when the headlights are on.

The headlights are not easy to get out, so to test it (Short on time had to work today) I hooked it straight to the battery. This is the wire that powers the in cab switch to activiate the Relay feeding off the Batt.

I am planning on moving this wire later, but was wondering how many other foks have done this and if I should bother. The only thing powered is the green LED in the switch and I doubt this would wear the battery down.

It does say to be "legal" you have to have it wired so they can only come on with the headlights, or I can hook it something that is an Accessory power.

So, is there an easy to get too accessory wire in the engine compartment? I know where several are in the dash, but I did not have the time to tear it down today.

I plan on moving the wire to something thats already fused, looking for the Lazy Man's solution.

Thanks

I tapped into the headlight wiring harness. It's not as hard as you think. All you have to do is remove the headlight bulb in the engine bay.

Methinks in hindsight tho, that the Slee harness is a much better way to go. You don't have to use one of those crimp connectors on the headlight wiring harness and risk slicing the wire on the harness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom