Phoenix Area Ammo Tip - Sportsmen's Warehouse, 27th Ave: Monday (Mar8) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For the shooters out there who are looking for more ammunition in your favorite calibers, heard from a good friend this morning;
..I walked through a warehouse today that had maybe 15 pallets of 223/556, 308/762 and .50bmg...destined for Sportsman Warehouse on the northside, 27th ave. I was told it would get there Monday.

I saw the pallets of components sitting on the dock a few weeks back, and can confirm this is a reliable source. I would expect purchase limits and lines, and note that I DO NOT KNOW WHEN it will arrive, only that it's being delivered to the store on Monday. If you're in the market and in need, might be worth the trip for your next LandCruiser outting if you're planning to do some shooting while the weather is nice.

MODS: if inappropriate, please delete. This is sharing a tip for a commodity in short supply right now, and I just wanted to help out fellow 'Mudders.

For you East Valley 2A people, Desert Dog Off Road in Fountain Hills has commodities too. There may be a limit but no surprise there.

I haven't been following ammo availability since the last shortage, how bad is it?

Besides limits what are the current prices for 5.56X45 and 7.62X51? Use to shoot a lot more in the eighties and nineties when buying by the case was affordable. This was all mail-order from dealers in shotgun news.

Everything is $1 a round. I'm not kidding...

A 50rnd box of 9mm = $50, when you can find it, and this is blasting ammo, not some special hollowpoints load. Want a box of .223 - buck a round. .308? Buck a round. .380, .40, .45ACP, yep; there is no discrimination of calibers anymore, because its all priced identically. I'll stress again, that's when you can actually find it on the shelves.

Even .22LR is in the expensive range,... it's bad. It's probably worse than we've seen before. Weird times,

Everything is $1 a round. I'm not kidding...

A 50rnd box of 9mm = $50, when you can find it, and this is blasting ammo, not some special hollowpoints load. Want a box of .223 - buck a round. .308? Buck a round. .380, .40, .45ACP, yep; there is no discrimination of calibers anymore, because its all priced identically. I'll stress again, that's when you can actually find it on the shelves.

Even .22LR is in the expensive range,... it's bad. It's probably worse than we've seen before. Weird times,
I can't find a box of .30-06 for under $45 to save my life... It's madness again.

That's crazy. Maybe I should sell some of mine. I don't have a bunch, just haven't had a chance to use what I do have.

Maybe that's effectual gun control. Don't restrict the guns, just the ammo.

Maybe that's effectual gun control. Don't restrict the guns, just the ammo.

Don't want to get too political but that is a tactic the left has talked about. Amounts are limited by law in Kali (which of course is stupid, just go across the border).

Its not restrictions, just demand.

This is my world... I've worked in the firearms industry for 13 years now and yes to answer any questions it is the worst prices ever. The compounding issues of 8 million new first time gun owners in 2020 and record sales in Jan 2021 heavily increased demand at he same time supply went down with overseas factories (most range ammo is made in Mexico, South Korea, and eastern europe). If you aren't shooting it right now don't buy it if you don't need it. The market is starting to soften, and will truly soften in the next 6 months but won't really recover for another 12 - 18 months.

True Shot Gun Club, next to Fisher tool in Tempe. Basically the Costco for ammo, 10K sq foot facility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom