Pet/Cargo Barrier for FJC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but about six months ago I looked everywhere for some sort of cargo barrier that would fit the FJC and found nothing that would even be adaptable for what I was looking for. Today I was looking at Corey's gear review thread in camping gear and when he gave me a link to one of the sweet gizmo's that he installed I found it!!!!

FJ Barrier
Pet Barrier for FJC.jpg

Thanks for posting. This looks like a great product. Better than the 'universal' doesn't quite fit/work models.
In our other vehicles, we used to use a pet gate/divider. Now, we use two Precision brand dog crates to transport our two terriers. They are conditioned to the crates as they sleep in them at night when at home. Thus, when entering them in the FJ, they usually calm down and rest instead of jumping around in the back and barking at everything we pass on the road.

We have a "Mickey" (160lbs big a-- dog) and he does surprisingly well in the back, but he does drool a lot when on car rides. This wouldn't be too much of a problem accept he loves the girls and likes to rest his drooly face on their heads :)

How EZ is it to REMOVE to put that occasional 8 ft floresent tube or 2x4 in?

It looks to me like those four red knobs are what hold it in place...
I'm still debating on spending the money or fabbing my own based on their design...

I'm waiting too...

...for some real end-users who have had it awhile.

Sounds like bernd has had good luch with it so far...maybe he'll have more feedback :)

I've had it since the group buy at the blue site. I bought mine to keep gear in the back in the event of a rollover or accident. It's that strong. Solid. Highly recommended as opposed to flimsy competing "pet barriers."

EZ?

I've had it since the group buy at the blue site. I bought mine to keep gear in the back in the event of a rollover or accident. It's that strong. Solid. Highly recommended as opposed to flimsy competing "pet barriers."

Is it easy to remove at least one side to carry long objects?

I've been looking around for gear retention but was afraid it would be a pain to get it in and out between trips. Thanks for input on these things. I'm going to ave to give these another look.

btw: I have 4 Siberian Huskys... they just get the hole back end when we go up to the mountains... I think they are looking for a people barrier to keep me out of the back :)

I'm using a Raingler Net. Way better than the POS Petco divider I had that messed up my headliner. Really easy to take on and off too.
353816441_smFYC-M.jpg

That's pretty slick!

Hey pitbull, that looks interesting! How did you mount the upper and side attachments? I like how the net goes down to the floor and looks like it can be easily removed. It also looks like it would be possible to place mounting points just behind the front seats, so you could move it forward if you wanted to use more space. What raingler net is it?

The top portion is mounted to the coat hangers where the bolt is attached to the body, so it's a sturdy location. I've seen some one else with the same net that moved the mounting points some how. Check the web site....it's the second item
www.raingler.com

I have had it as well since the first group buy. As for removing it should be easy. I have never removed mine, No need. I don't haul anything long inside my rig. That's what my Chevy is for. It is a great barrier for gear when on trail and for my boxer around town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom