performance upgrades! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please advise, what I can do to get alittle increase in the hp's? Thinking about doing a pertronix electronic ignition. Headers. What type ceramic? Which works best.

Keep old air cleaner set up, or change with something different.

Currently have stock 6. Not looking into v-8 conversion for some time.

There really aren't any air cleaners that will improve intake, the F cleaner is massive. A free-flowing shorkel would help by reducing air intake temp. I've only bad things about the MAF headers, heard SOR (run true duals :D ) two piece are pretty good, and that JTO are good. I would read up about the HEI swap in the tech, doesn't sound difficult.
Maybe others will have more specific info about what works and doesn't. I'm waiting till I do a full out rebuild to upgrade performance-wise.

Performance increases best come from electronic ignition and headers. Don't think ceramic adds much except maybe effect on sound and to some extent, underhood heat (someone please correct me if I am wrong.) NonUSA distributor and NonUSA Aisen Carb are useful mods as well. Shaving the head and aftermarket cams are more technical and probably not worthwhile for most, unless you have limitless funds, love the F engine, and just like to (and CAN) play with these things. You are probably better off dropping in a 350.

i'm running the DUI HEI and when it was installed i immediatly noticed a difference.
better responce, better in the high end. i forget how the low end of the F should be becasue i'm having carb troubles right now.

headers...cam...carb.

A number of people seem to like the stock carb, but a Weber can serve to boost power... and set up correctly they run at some pretty impressive angles.

jm

thanks, yeah stock F engine is all I have, hear great thisngs about the Pertronix Ignition II. Not sure which headers to run with. I appreciate all the info. would like to hear more from you.

I run the 6 into 1 header from I don't know who. Does add ALOT of heat to the engine compartment, so I would probably consider the ceramic coating next time. Make sure you double gasket for no leaks, it does help. I know everyone pukes at the thought but I run a 350 holley and k&n airfilter. It actually makes good street power, for a 2f, but does struggle on the trail. That problem is correctable, just haven't fixed it yet. Ignition and a cam would be alittle more expensive but would also help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom