Pearl white owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a request for the Pearl White owners of pre-2008 (actually, pre-first half of 2008) GX's.
If you have any paint defects, peeling, cracking, etc. Please call Lexus corporate @ 800-255-3987 and log a complaint. They will most likely tell you your vehicle isn't covered by the recall...that's fine, just ask them to log it as a complaint and then take it in to your local dealer.
Ask THEM to take pictures and log the complaint after THEY tell you your vehicle isn't covered by the recall. Then call corporate back and let them know what the dealer said.
Many, many Toyotas and Lexus' are affected by the crappy Pearl White paint and they should be covering the 2004-2007's just as they are the 2008 and 2009's...it's the same paint. They have literally said not enough of the earlier vehicle owners have complained.
I did the above this week and will be following up with corporate tomorrow. Check out the posts in the the Facebook Groups - https://www.facebook.com/groups/288416678661392/ group...it isn't active anymore but there's lots of good info.
thanks,
Russ (with a peeling '07)

I’ll do this.

ive done this already... the 2 dealers I have taken it to here in MD have never heard of the issue at all or that there even is a Customer Support Program about the issue.

Went through this process with a family member's 07 GX. Best offer corporate could come back with was $500 off a paint job after working with the local dealer. That is nice and all, but all panels except the hood, front bumper, and front fenders (all resprayed after an accident) need work. About 30% paint is gone now on the roof and below all of the windows has peeled off, and it is getting worse every time I see it. So that $500 offer would maybe cover tax on the paint job required to make it look good again.