PCV Hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
MyPCV hoses and clamps were a bit loose. This could become a vacuum leak if left alone. The hoses weren't cracked so I just got new hose clamps. I also was going to replace the oil cap seal but a new cap is only a little more than a seal. TRD has a $$$ oil cap. I am sure that it will add 30+ hp to my 1FZ :D but not worth the extra $ :eek: I replace the spark plug seal when I had the valve cover off along with the valve cover gasket. This should stop at least any vacuum leak from the valve cover.
I bet the valve cover seals/gaskets would be one passed over looking for a vacuum leak.

kurt

Just remove the oil cap whe the motor is runnung and see what it does??????????

Kurt, you are correct. Aside from being messy, it DOES create a vacuum leak. As does a loose engine oil dipstick.

BTW, the TRD oil caps are billiet aluminum. DO NOT put yer sandwich clamps around one that's screwed into a hot motor :eek: .

Is the oil pan area or bottom end of motor under a vacuum?? I have a slow leaking #2 oil pan. If so I better get on or "under" it ;)
kurt

The "crankcase" is vented by the PCV and is under moderate vacuum in a correctly functioning engine.

Now that I think about it, it would be under vacuum as when you add oil it drains down to the pan. I better fix the pan/s leak next oil change. And get a new dipstick seal too.
kurt

speaking of the PCV......C-Dan,whats the p/n for a toyota pcv valve and the rubber grommet it plugs into?(mines a 1996,if theres a difference)

thanks

doug

The valve is a 12204-35040 and the grommet is a 90480-18001.

[shadow=red,left]NOTE: I left a "M" out of groMMet[/shadow] ::)

Doug,
I'm sure you already know this but for those that are replacing the PCV for the first time, be very careful removing the grommet. They become brittle, crack, and fall into the valve cover when you try to remove them.
-B-

C-Dan--thanks for the p/n's.....

-B- yea,i had read that and wanted to get the valve and [glow=blue,2,300]groMMet[/glow]before i changed anything,that way i can be xtra careful when i take the old one out/off......... :D

doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom