Patina Appreciation: Show Us Your Rusty Land Cruiser! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Loadeded down with trimmings from oak and mesqite trees.

20150912_202334.jpg

It was sitting on a used car lot in cypress of all places.

I’m sourcing used parts to get it up and complete again.

I have a 66 with that same type hard top.
Cool got any pictures? It is likely a ‘64-‘65 that wasn’t titled until 1966. The corrugated top stopped early-mid 1965.

Cool got any pictures? It is likely a ‘64-‘65 that wasn’t titled until 1966. The corrugated top stopped early-mid 1965.

I do but I can't figure out how to share photos to this post. I haven't been on this site in a while. The title does say 66. I guess the best way to tell what year is to do some type of VIN search?

Last edited:
Wow very nice looks clean and original! Original paint maybe? Great survivor for sure.
The body is in good shape. The roof was damaged when I got it. I'm repairing it but having a real issue with the drip rail. It was crushed and I had the corner repaired but something is not right. I can't get it to line up so currently trying to figure out where the issue is. I can't find any prior 1975 drip rails.

IMG_3119.JPG

IMG_3154.JPG

No clear coat, I’m stripping the 90’s white paint to reveal the original rustic green nicely preserved underneath.

I’ve tried different colors of scotch brite pads. Will try a coarse towel.

My 55 has a really bad repaint and where it has chipped off the factory paint is still glossy so it was a no-scuff repaint, I’m trying to figure out the same deal. Be great to expose as much of the factory paint as possible, much preferred to another coat of paint.

What are you using to expose the factory colour underneath?

My 55 has a really bad repaint and where it has chipped off the factory paint is still glossy so it was a no-scuff repaint, I’m trying to figure out the same deal. Be great to expose as much of the factory paint as possible, much preferred to another coat of paint.

What are you using to expose the factory colour underneath?

I was able to get about 70% of the repaint off with a pressure washer. Where there was better primer underneath, I used Easy Off oven cleaner and paper towels and it scrubbed right off, for the most part.

Here is where it's at now. It was repainted white in the 90's. Still have the windshield frame, bed, tailgate and creases to clean up. Hopefully when comes out of the barn this spring!

IMG_3772.JPG
IMG_3774.JPG

Last edited:
Oven cleaner, of course! I used to use that for all sorts of cleaning nasty when I was single.

Looks great, keep at it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom