Passing wires through firewall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know the grommet nipple trick. But wondering if anyone has successfully drilled a hole in the firewall and added a grommet?

Especially these built out rigs…I’m trying to minimize the number of wires going through the firewall. But this is just a partial list of the stuff that has needed passing wires and still have more to go. I think I could have passed a few items along the frame but I wanted to protect items from the elements.

2 airline hoses from rear airbags (this could have been outside but I followed project 200 install)
ARB twin compressor
ARB Linx power
ARB Linx solenoid for airbags wires
ARB Linx solenoid for compressor control wires
ARB headlight and high beam trigger wires

Now to do:
Midland GMRS Antenna wire
PA loudspeaker wire
Rigid adapt light bar harness
Redarc Battery link jump wire
In cab hot fuse panel wire
In cab ACC fuse panel wire
Aux battery on switch wire
ARB Linx trigger wire for ditch lights. Light bar. Rock lights

And doing it all DIY it’s been quite an adventure.

Here’s a preview of the Rigid Adapt light bar a la Ed Martin Toyota install

I test fit a couple of the colored covers

A3798765-16ED-4576-96D7-CE45258790FF.jpeg

42D47433-DE4D-46E6-B09B-C465F327537F.jpeg

51FC04B0-54C5-4E8B-AC5C-8941AD6DA67C.jpeg

Yeah I got the grommets but can’t find a good place to drill. I’m scared. Lol.

There is a pre drilled hole off center driver's side about level with the valve cover. There is a cover in place. It is not easy to get to behind the dash with the insulation but that is what I'm going to use to run some bulkier wires. I can get a pic this weekend.

Not sure if this will be big enough, but worth a shot. It is right in between the larger silver and smaller black hardlines

IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg

I wouldn't drill through the firewall. Between the 4 nipples you have plenty of space to pass cables through. Trick is to use splicing fids and silicone spay lube to open up the holes. On Passenger side I have passed 1 harness with a 4, 8, 10, 12 & 2x 14 AWG's through 1 nipple while on Drivers side an SP92100 comm cable along with 2x 10, 2x 12, 4x 14, 7x 18 AWG's

Last edited:
I wouldn't drill through the firewall either. That plug in my pictures above is covering a pre-drilled hole that is only a bit smaller than the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom