Parting Out Parting Out (much of) 1993 FJZ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
UPDATED: Jan 2015:

For sale sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14idyiJgCQc8H0vlo-eb-eaLewZkKP6mAY9H0Q2vEkH4/edit?usp=sharing

Original first post:

OK. Bear with me, this will be a little complicated, but I'm posting it now so you can subscribe and call dibs if you want, and as I update you'll get email notices. Truck is fully functional (actually the 2nd row drivers-side window regulator has fallen off tracks last month for the first time) other than that, it's a solid truck, gets wheeled, goes and goes, maintained/services, weekend play thing. A picture you say? sure, here it is a few years back at a Fall Crawl event. Silver/Blue 2 tone paint. Power everything, AC/heat and rear heater works fine. No need to mention the replaced PHH or new head gasket as I'm keeping the driveline...

big+rock2.jpg

Paring out "much of" a 1993 80 Series. But not all of it. In short:

* not the frame
* not the lift, suspension, steering, transmission, lockers, transfer case, 17" wheels, 37" tires, or basically anything under that hood or that makes it go.
* what's left:

1) some will be sold in Virginia (as much as I can sell "early" in Virginia from 10/1 - 12/31)
2) the balance of the truck and parts (except for the stuff that is not for sale) will be sold/available in January when the truck is in colorado springs (things like the body panels, windows, seats - although the seats may go in VA, we'll see).

In short anything I can sell in the next 2 months while it's in VA will sell, but I need it to run (runs fine now) and be able to be put on a car carrier from VA to CO. So things like the windows and doors are definitely not coming off of it until it hits Colorado Springs, CO.

Some additional stuff that I will list beyond "what's above the frame and not driveline" on a stock 80

in VA:
1) icom IC7000 ham radio and antenna (keeping my CB and handheld ham)
2) tradesman 80 series full roof rack (gutter style mounts)
3) 5 stock 80 series 16" rims
4) 3rd row seats from a '97 (so the light gray leather, they do NOT match the new dark gray fronts/middle rows)
5) lightforce 240mm blitz lights, with diffuser amber covers and slee wiring harness
6) ARB winch compatible bull bar (could go in CO also)
7) ARB like RTT (they all seem to come from the same factory) seen below on my trailer
8) maybe my m101 trailer, maybe not. it's the white one with matching wheels (yes, 37" on a trailer so i can share a spare)
9) water bladder system that goes in the rear quarter panels, never installed
10) arb roof rack mounted dual jerry-can holder (holds 2 with 'metal-band' over the top)

sea+of+trailers+and+trucks.jpg

in CO:

1) IPOR skid plate (belly plate doubles as trans mount)
2) front buckets and 2nd row recently covered in Aatlasx amazing leather with heated seat elements, and front edge pockets for front 2 seats, dark gray. Matching center console leather arm rest, 2 front door arm rests and re-covered leather steering wheel. buying this leather package already on the seats will save you massive pain and suffering by not needing to put them on your own seats :)
3) possibly rear bumper with swingout arm (if we don't reuse that)

Pricing - coming soon, i'm building a new/market/used matrix so i know how to price it.

"how much for XYZ to my zip code" - you want low prices right? then please go here: https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home and enter in "22101" for the source zip code and then your own zip code and the weight of the item you're looking to buy and price it and we'll add that to the price i list for the item. You may want a few parts so it's only 5 min out of your life to get that price, if i'm selling 500 pieces off this thing spending 2000 minutes to give shipping quotes is not something anyone would want to do :)

So we will do first come first served, paypal accepted, iyou pay for shipping, insurance optional and up to you to ask for and price in the tool referenced above. I have plenty of references I can provide so you can confirm I'm not a scammer. I'm also selling a sweet Georgia Precision custom 308 rifle (George Gardner's personal former hunting rifle) he made 2 of this model for himself and this one is for sale, new carbonfiber barrel, unshot, Ti rem700 action, etc, etc.

Google is everyone's friend so make reasonable offers and let me know if i'm off base by providing links. I have 3 months to sell things so not in a huge rush, but want to get er done over the next 90 days. Post here for specific items you want dibs on. Email me via the user CP (goes to my paypal verified email address) for questions you'd rather speak directly about. I and the Truck are in VA now, meet ups to inspect and view any parts you want are cool with me, cars and coffee in Great Falls, VA early saturday mornings would work.

Thanks for reading this far.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the console box (around the shifters) and the steering wheel clamshell if you still have them and they are in good shape.

I am interested in the ARB bumper and the RTT as well as some of the interior door trim. Please pm me or let me know when you price these items. I could come pick them up as well.

will you split the slee harness up from the lights?

Hi Kevin,

I'm fine with that. I'll be taking the Lightforce and harness off it next weekend or there abouts. I still have box for the lightforce but the harness only came in a bag i think. I'll post again when it's shipable and email me a price/offer if you can.

I'd be interested in the console box (around the shifters) and the steering wheel clamshell if you still have them and they are in good shape.

The console box around the shifters is in good shape. I have made 2 neat holes in it, on the right side a 12V aux outlet, and on the top face, left side, a grommet for my CB handheld mic cable. I've never looked at my steering wheel clamshell but assume it's in good shape.

I'll provide pics of them all.

I am interested in the ARB bumper and the RTT as well as some of the interior door trim. Please pm me or let me know when you price these items. I could come pick them up as well.

Hi Stephen,

Ok, i want to get my truck re-inspected (VA safety inspection) before i take off the bumper. Did you have a timeline for when you need/want it?

The tent is available, I should also have a spare zipper as well.

Interior trim - all is available. I'll take a bunch of pics and post them on an external site and post the link here.

Thanks,

Fernando

Take your time, I'm in no rush. Just let me know when you get the pricing and we can go from there. Thanks a bunch!

Put my name on the list for the front bumper, if the first deal falls through. Just PM me and let me know. I can also pick it up.

I would be interested in the sun visors if available, the rear bumper, (are sliders available) and possibly leather seats and center console

The console box around the shifters is in good shape. I have made 2 neat holes in it, on the right side a 12V aux outlet, and on the top face, left side, a grommet for my CB handheld mic cable. I've never looked at my steering wheel clamshell but assume it's in good shape.

I'll provide pics of them all.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for whenever you get some pics pulled together. I would be interested in the leather steering wheel as well.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for whenever you get some pics pulled together. I would be interested in the leather steering wheel as well.

I've confirmed I won't need the steering wheel. I'll make sure it's in my pics page.

Put my name on the list for the front bumper, if the first deal falls through. Just PM me and let me know. I can also pick it up.
ok, 2nd in line for the front bumper.

I would be interested in the sun visors if available, the rear bumper, (are sliders available) and possibly leather seats and center console
sunvisors - sure they won't be needed. I'm keeping my IPOR welded sliders. Leather seats are very nice, they will be in the pics set - 'center console' just the leather opening/door, or the whole thing (plastic console box)? note, my ham (icom 7000) is screwed into the back of it vertically, so there are 4 small screw holes in the back between the 2 front seats. I'll remove the Ham radio and include in pics and be sure there are no surprises. The rear bumper is welded to the frame and not stock, i'll take plenty of pics and then let you know if it won't be used, but may not know until January on that specific item being available and at that point it will be in Colorado.

I'm in for the roof rack and maybe the M101 if you do end up selling it.

Took it to the hills of VA/WV border. Some pics from this past weekend....

a consolidated inventory/pricing/sale status page is almost done. I'll post here and list the people here who've put dibs in as first in line. This is being cross posted on Pirate and Expoportal, so timestamps on any site will win.

photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 1 (1).JPG

Anymore info/pics on the rear panel water bladder system?

I'm also interested in your price for the Lightforce lights. Are they the 12 or 24v?

I'm also interested in your price for the Lightforce lights. Are they the 12 or 24v?

They are 12V. The pricing page (in draft form) has the following for them:

lightforce 240mm blitz lights,, 100W, 12V, nearly 3/4 of a million candle power, with diffuser amber covers and slee wiring harness. I have the box, too. These guys, but with the mixed spot/spread diffuser in Amber color.

List:

* Lights: $400

* Covers: $30

* Slee wiring harness: $48

My Price:

* lights + covers: $250 (I will include the after market security nuts that fit the mounting bolts securely onto my arb mounting tabs)

* slee harness: $30

* lights+covers: available, no first dibs yet

* Slee harness: claimed by 6894kevin on Mud @ 6:58am on 9/26

Available:

* lights: ASAP, just need to dismount them.
* Slee: after inspection

Anymore info/pics on the rear panel water bladder system?

It was never installed, new in box. From some outfit down-under, will find box and post pics.

Evan, and others, all PM's replied to. As mentioned, the parting out will start in earnest after my club's fall crawl next weekend.

My roof rack has been sold to IPTMAN.

I've gotten a lot of questions about what the heck I'm thinking parting out our perfectly fine 80. Here you go, the parts page and the answer: http://fj-ute.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom