Part for servo motor that controls AC modes (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My USDM 2008 Land Cruiser has been making noises when switching the AC modes. This happens when I change it manually and when the "Auto" AC feature is turned on. A lot of my passengers describe the sound as my AC farting lol.

I narrowed down the part to this
87106-50390 - Genuine Toyota SERVO SUB-ASSY, DAMP

However, I noticed that a lot of online part stores saying it will only fit a 2013 Land Cruiser.

Anyone here have experience with this part on an 08? It should be the same, but I don't want to make that assumption.

Thanks

I find that toyodyi.com is a pretty good site for looking up part numbers and cross referencing. I found the same number for the 2008 LC here. Worth looking it over just to make sure, isn't a cheap part.

Confirmed by plugging in the model & year at the site you referenced.

I find that toyodyi.com is a pretty good site for looking up part numbers and cross referencing. I found the same number for the 2008 LC here. Worth looking it over just to make sure, isn't a cheap part.

Confirmed by plugging in the model & year at the site you referenced.

I did enter the model and year from toyotapartsdeals. It said it's good. But the last time I got a smart key from them, the part wasn't compatible with my 2008. Apparently the smart key was for a 2011+ (according to piercy toyoto in the bay area).

Thanks for the reference to toyodyi. They listed it as a compatible part with the 2008. I'll call the dealer tomorrow to see what's up.

Thanks!

My USDM 2008 Land Cruiser has been making noises when switching the AC modes. This happens when I change it manually and when the "Auto" AC feature is turned on. A lot of my passengers describe the sound as my AC farting lol.

I narrowed down the part to this
87106-50390 - Genuine Toyota SERVO SUB-ASSY, DAMP

However, I noticed that a lot of online part stores saying it will only fit a 2013 Land Cruiser.

Anyone here have experience with this part on an 08? It should be the same, but I don't want to make that assumption.

Thanks

Do you hear the noise in the first couple seconds after you start the truck? My wife didn't believe me it was an HVAC sound until she drove the truck solo and heard it too! :D

Edit - just listened to your clip, and that's roughly what mine sounds like too. Although in my LX I only hear it on startup for a second or so.

Do you hear the noise in the first couple seconds after you start the truck? My wife didn't believe me it was an HVAC sound until she drove the truck solo and heard it too! :D

Edit - just listened to your clip, and that's roughly what mine sounds like too. Although in my LX I only hear it on startup for a second or so.

I hear the sound when my truck first starts up too.

I've got that noise too and have been trying to figure out how to fix it. In the 100 series you could get the HVAC system to run a self-test and it would tell you about what component had failed, thus far I have been unable to figure how to run a self test with the 200 series, but now I am glad that I am not the only one that has a farting land cruiser.

I wonder how many hours it's going to take in order to install the servo pump assembly...any ideas??

A couple beers and some skips from pandora

I have the same issue going on with mine truck so thanks for this thread. PS the dash is pretty easy to disassemble.

Mine has made that sound a few times, but only rarely. Usually when starting up...if at all. Can't remember the last time it did it, but my wife thought is sounded like my truck had gas too... :)

This occasional noise hasn't had any impact on function, and it usually last maybe 1 second.

Last edited:
I've got that noise too and have been trying to figure out how to fix it. In the 100 series you could get the HVAC system to run a self-test and it would tell you about what component had failed, thus far I have been unable to figure how to run a self test with the 200 series, but now I am glad that I am not the only one that has a farting land cruiser.

I wonder how many hours it's going to take in order to install the servo pump assembly...any ideas??

I haven't really checked the location of the servo motor or if the issue is even the servo motor. at the moment, this is just my hypothesis. I still need to open up the panel next to the knee of the driver to see if I can locate the servo motor and inspect it.

I don't know about the land cruiser, but the LX has a startup mode that cycles the damper open and closed. It's a feature, not a bug ;)

You can get system info by using the secret squirrel menu:
secret_squirrel_1965_shush_3766.jpg

with the key on (engine running or not, doesn't matter), hold the DISP button down and turn the headlight switch to "Parking Lights" on and off three times. There's also a corner to corner sequence that does this on the touchscreen, but I can't ever remember the combination, so I use this one.

I don't know about the land cruiser, but the LX has a startup mode that cycles the damper open and closed. It's a feature, not a bug ;)

You can get system info by using the secret squirrel menu:
secret_squirrel_1965_shush_3766.jpg

with the key on (engine running or not, doesn't matter), hold the DISP button down and turn the headlight switch to "Parking Lights" on and off three times. There's also a corner to corner sequence that does this on the touchscreen, but I can't ever remember the combination, so I use this one.

I'm not too experienced with HVAC systems. What is the purpose of cycling the damper open and closed when turning the car on/off? I'll try to see if the TIS customization has it as an available option.

No idea. System check maybe?

Called Toyota today. They confirmed that the part # 87106-50390 will fit my 2008 Land Cruiser.
Still haven't had time to remove the dash and confirm the issue :/

I replaced my blower fan today and that cured the sound that caused vibration, next up is the fart noise. Please post pictures and a description of how to tackle this repair.

Any update from anyone that has done this?

Still in my backlog. As of now, I haven’t found the source of the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom