Events/Trails Parkway Ride (Informal) 10/16-18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We hit the blocks to Balsam parking lot Saturday around noon when we got up there but they were pretty huffy trying to keep everyone out and wouldn't explain why or what was going on. Just told to us keep going. So, we ended up having lunch at an overlook just past 215 then headed down to Brevard to watch the end of the Clemson-GT game at Dugan's Pub. When we were in the area, I did try to reach out by radio but no one was listening, unfortunately and since there was no cell, I didn't know what the status of everyone was so without knowing, we decided to just head home after the pub rather than trying to drive back up, only to be turned away again.

Sounds like it was a blast. Wish we would have tried again but next time its on.

Last edited:
Two bundles I bought were still wrapped. I took one wrapped bundle. Bryan and Carter got the rest. Bryan said he's probably going to hang onto it for the next group outing.
Or add it back to Jess’ pile

1603251237696.png

Just saw that as well. They make it sound like he was kinda close to us proximity wise as well.

From talking to some of the crew on the SAR teams, it sounded like he was a bit further north, almost twice as far from the parking lot as we were.
The red line is our route to camp. The dashed line just to the right of our route, going over Tennent Mtn is the Art Loeb trail that passes right through our camp.
1603286002089.png

From talking to some of the crew on the SAR teams, it sounded like he was a bit further north, almost twice as far from the parking lot as we were.
The red line is our route to camp. The dashed line just to the right of our route, going over Tennent Mtn is the Art Loeb trail that passes right through our camp.
View attachment 2471811
That is where we hiked to and had lunch Saturday. Lots of campers off the trail and hiking traffic through the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom