Paint code please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me if there is a toyota color code for the "dark gray" they have used on my 40 for the wheels, seat frames, and various other components like the "plate on the LH ambulance door" and "beneath the fender-mounted blinkers" in this photo?

grey 002.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

:cheers:
grey 002.jpg

Thanks for your helpful posts SouthBostonFJ.

I was thinking that if I got the Toyota code with the "mixing formula", I'd be able to rapidly get a "perfect match" from my paint supplier anytime I wanted.

But I've found it is not as simple as that.

I just gave my paint supplier that mixing formula for sky blue 854 and those component colour codes mean nothing to them.

They supply "Dulon-brand" paint and it must have its own codes for its component/base colours.

But it's all under control. Today I take some "sky blue paint mix" and "a piece of my BJ painted in sky blue" in to them. Then they'll mix the new paint to the formula that they presently hold for 854 and then dabble with it to get a perfect match.

With the grey - I'll just do a colour match from scratch as I've done before and ignore the Toyota code (if one exists)

Interestingly - They say that mixing formulae don't stay fixed but "get tampered with" so that the 854 colour on their computer this year may be diffferent from last year. (Sounds strange.)

:cheers:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom