OVTune is working on the ability for us to tune! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrTorgue

Grizzly Clint
Threads
I emailed OVTune inquiring about a tuner with my GX470 and was advised they don’t currently have one BUT that they are looking to release software later this year that will allow us to custom tune the GX470 and GX460.

I’m pretty stoked about it. With me doing exhaust and intake I’ll likely get a professional tune shop get me a custom tune. I’m sure the 4.7 has something more to give!

Just wanted to share! I’m gonna join the mailing list so I can be alerted.

Nice. I had their Tune for my 17 Tacoma. Loved it, made a great improvement to the truck and especially the throttle response. I'll be one of the first in line if they offer it for the GX, I have no complaints about the GX power-wise, but if he could eek out a few more MPG on the interstate by locking the torque converter I'd be ok with that.

It sounds like the EGR deletes and tunes in Russia net about 30HP.. not sure about torque

Translation

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 2.10.14 PM.jpg

It would appear in markets outside North America there are stock 460s without an EGR system as well according to FSM.

screen_shot_2020_09_02_at_7_15_06_am_0f730b2bc9efcd2ad1954d1658788a9e2da9c6f3.png
screen_shot_2020_09_02_at_7_16_52_am_c59cf52884a73ffcef6109ebfd6aa4742bd6e028.png

Last edited:
I want to delete the EGR on both our GX’s. Stupid system.

This would be nice! I'm running headers and deleted my EGR. I'd love a software based delete rather than the piggyback system. No issues here with my current egr delete, I just want less wires running around and taking full advantage of the headers would be nice too!

it's interesting, OVTuned seemed to remove all their tunes for the other vehicles they did and now only sell the tuners... when I bought it for my 17 Tacoma they had tunes for several Mazdas and the Carolla I think. but you would select what tunes you wanted for the Tacoma and it gave you specs and dyno readings. I do see they have a special section for the supercharged 3.5 now, so maybe it's because of that...

No updates yet. I will reach back out again around Dec 1st if I don’t hear back.

I feel like the truck can run fine on regular 87 gas and someone could program a tune optimized for 91+ super easy that would not compromise reliability.

I could really use a tune. I installed URD Y-pipe and the CEL came on, but it turned off again. I don't know too much about tuning, but I am wondering if the factory ECU detected this and detuned my engine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom