Overland Expo East 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJCowboy

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone heading to Overland Expo East this weekend in Arrington, VA, just south of Charlottesville? I believe @BullRunOverland is heading down. We were both down there two years ago along with a few other club members. I’m heading down with some J**p guys, don’t hate me and we are camping at James River Campground. Hoping to do a kayaking/rafting and hitting the show during the day. You can do a weekend pass or day passes.

I was planning for a day trip on Saturday.

I thought this was this past weekend???? Might be a good place to park a Land Cruiser with a "4 sale" sign in it! I will have to think about it....

Headed down early Saturday just for the day; meeting a buddy from NC there, as it's conveniently halfway between us. Probably not even driving the cruiser--I'll be in stealth mode in our old and junky V70.

Headed down early Saturday just for the day; meeting a buddy from NC there, as it's conveniently halfway between us. Probably not even driving the cruiser--I'll be in stealth mode in our old and junky V70.
There is still time to cut out the wheel wells and fit in some 36” super swappers.

There is still time to cut out the wheel wells and fit in some 36” super swappers.
And add a RTT and lots of light bars!

Good grief. I saw more "want" things than I needed to. Got to talk to some very informed vendors and came away with a lot of ideas.
May go hunting something with a blown engine on the cheap so I can do a Cummins swap! Saw those guys a few years go and thought I'd forgotten
about it. Oh well!
ARB actually pointed me in the right direction for bumper if I get so inclined. Power Brake folks were super nice. REDARC could clean me out but fortunately I'm not into hard core camping or trail blazing. And it's for sure the even as cool as they are Antigravity Battery hasn't hit a price point that makes them an attractive alternative to an Odyssey or similar AGM. Friends use the smaller ones in race cars as starter batteries where weight is a factor but when you get into the necessary AH/CA for street car/truck they can blow a budget. Saving any weight in a vehicle that is pushing 6,000# already seems like a non-factor.

Anyhow, a great day albeit overcast which I actually welcomed as did most of the parking lot guys I chatted with. The midldle of a field with the sun blaring down isn't as much fun.

@Shedkept it was a bit overwhelming and could easily drop a lot of cash over the weekend. Great show with awesome vendors and participants. I always enjoy it and Oak Ridge is a great location for it. Already looking forward to next year.

@1MOA Oak Ridge has a ton of great trails they allow the Wheeling 4 Hope crew to use at their spring event. We ended up staying at James River State Park, which was nice and quiet but it was about 40 min drive away. Staying next door might not be bad if you didn’t want the large field camping with the other attendees.

I think I may go hunting for a tired 4Runner. Those diesel conversions are pretty slick.

Diesel 4Runner.jpg

Diesel 4Runner Engine.jpg

I think I may go hunting for a tired 4Runner. Those diesel conversions are pretty slick.
A year late, I had a 94 that i sold last year for hardly anything. Frame on it was clean which makes me sad as the person i sold it to chopped it up for parts. I think the 2nd gen has the best body style.

Anyone heading to Overland Expo East this weekend in Arrington, VA, just south of Charlottesville? I believe @BullRunOverland is heading down. We were both down there two years ago along with a few other club members. I’m heading down with some J**p guys, don’t hate me and we are camping at James River Campground. Hoping to do a kayaking/rafting and hitting the show during the day. You can do a weekend pass or day passes.

FJCowboy,
We obviously saw each other there. So I went. Had a great time and as usual had more fun out in Gen Pop looking at other peoples rigs and creations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom