other projects in the shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I love my toyotas and spend a lot of time working on them, but I also have other intrests that I spend time on in the shop. I know from hanging out with some of you guys your the same way. I thought it might be nice to let others know what we are doing when we are not working on our toyotas and have a place to discuss off topic projects. lets see what you got, bikes, boats, grandpas tractor, what ever it is.

Last edited:
this is a project that has been put on the back burner for a long time. My dads 67 dodge D100 short box, dad bought it in 1970 and gave it to me about 7 years ago, it needs a lot of work but it does run and drive.

specs
318/ automatic, custom cab includes padded dash, gauge packageand exterior trim, 1/2 ton short box.

a few of my plans for it include adding power steering, overdrive trans and relocateing the gas tank, along with body and interior work and so on.

This is my other project. The only thing "stock" on it is the gearbox... ;)

Cherohala.jpg

2007 DL - 34 181_small.jpg

Love the truck Jason, it is so cool looking

Thank you sir, most people tell me how ugly these old dodges are. I have to admit I'm not a big mopar fan but I've always liked this truck.

97 4runner
86 4runner
STLCA
APPALACHIA CRUISERS

This is my other project. The only thing "stock" on it is the gearbox... ;)

Now that is a cool project to have in the shop lou, very nice.

97 4runner
86 4runner
STLCA
APPALACHIA CRUISERS

Cool thread with some nice other projects. Here is my Farmall Cub I have been working on slowly. Its been in the family since brand new in 1948. My Great grandfather bought it for our 90 acre farm, I guess its a step up from mules ha ha.

IMG_0701.jpg

Cool project hunter, a good friend of my dads restored several IH tractors, my dad helped with a lot of them. Look forward to seeing you get this one back together.

97 4runner
86 4runner
STLCA
APPALACHIA CRUISERS

Good call on the new thread Jason. Awesome rides guys!I'm getting a new phone Friday so ill be able to start posting some new pics.

Last edited:
1962 Ghia

This is my other project that has been put on the very, very back burner. It's a 1962 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia that I got awhile back. Plans are for a Porsche 911 motor and transaxle, body work and paint, slammed to the ground, and some way cool wheels. Long term project.

ghia5.jpg

ghia3.jpg

ghia1.jpg

Very cool ride bluehawk. My dad bought one of them brand new, he owned several brand new VWs back in the day, the only one I remember was the micro bus Lol.

97 4runner
86 4runner
STLCA
APPALACHIA CRUISERS

Very cool ride bluehawk. My dad bought one of them brand new, he owned several brand new VWs back in the day, the only one I remember was the micro bus Lol.

97 4runner
86 4runner
STLCA
APPALACHIA CRUISERS

My first car was a 74 model. Got out of the VW scene for a long time and then back into it about 17 years ago. My father in-law has five VW's , all different models

I know there is a huge market for them still. I've never owned one but if I found a good deal on one I wouldn't turn it down.

97 4runner
86 4runner
STLCA
APPALACHIA CRUISERS

Great idea for a thread and really cool projects guys. I love seeing what cool old stuff people are restoring. One thing I'm working on is a 1970 Ski Doo snowmobile to take back up to NY. Started with two parts sleds.

image-1093575282.jpg

image-1888150380.jpg

image-1093575282.jpg

image-1888150380.jpg

Great idea for a thread and really cool projects guys. I love seeing what cool old stuff people are restoring. One thing I'm working on is a 1970 Ski Doo snowmobile to take back up to NY. Started with two parts sleds.

Very cool project, I bet parts for something like that are hard to find.

97 4runner
86 4runner
STLCA
APPALACHIA CRUISERS

Thanks. Actually there's half a dozen guys up north that sell either NOS, used, or reproduction parts for some of the more popular vintage sleds. There's a whole community of swap meets, races, and shows for these old sleds. It's also pretty cool going on trail rides with a group of them.

Thanks. Actually there's half a dozen guys up north that sell either NOS, used, or reproduction parts for some of the more popular vintage sleds. There's a whole community of swap meets, races, and shows for these old sleds. It's also pretty cool going on trail rides with a group of them.

Wow that's cool, I grew up in south central NE, there were a few people that had sleds but our winters were to inconsistent to justify it. I suppose in an area where they were more popular new the would have a better following now.

97 4runner
86 4runner
STLCA
APPALACHIA CRUISERS

Definitely. We have a cabin in the Adirondacks (where my family is from) near the town of Boonville. It's a huge area for snowmobile trail riding plus they have the Adirondack Cup race there. Life there evolves around deer hunting and snowmobiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom