Oswald Trail Test (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
harrakis.net
Ok, I have Oswald almost trail worth, but I needed to test my new rubber out (see here).

Now there is a powerline trail near my house, but I have never taken it before, and since the only people I know with a 4wd that might be able to recover Oswald if I broke something are on here... i thought best not to try it quite yet.

Instead I went for the rear exit out of my subdivision. There is an old county managed road that connects to the back of where i live. Most of the time it is just washed out, and bumpy, but there are a few dips and twists to let me flex a bit.

Having not driven Oswald in 4wd other then to make sure everything seemed ok, i started slow at first. I topped out at about 30kph down the road bouncing here and there.

Then I came to my first "water crossing" I use quotes here as this is just a 6' long 1-2' deep mud puddle. Oswald and his new shoes acted like it was just highway. Next I hit the monster puddle. Without avoiding the first one, I had no choice to cross #2. I have never gone threw this puddle and I was a bet aprehnsive, but Oswald is a big mean Land Cruiser from the Oz, he had no fear.

This puddle was atleast 20' long and 3' deep at the middle. Oswald chomped threw it like nothing I had ever seen. I was completely impressed... even when water spashed up over the top of the truck. Before i could get a grasp of the second crossing i hit the third and final puddle. This one was nothing compaired to either one, but I was not prepaired for the dropoff after it. A little bouncing and I rolled to a nice stop.

Of course I did a 3 point turn (or as close to it as you can get in a Troopy) and crossed all three again.

Now I can't wait to take a real ride in him. :)

P2010001.jpg

P2010002.jpg

P2010003.jpg

P2010004.jpg

Very nice, its a shame he wont make it to Eglin, I cant wait to see it in person! I like the new shoes, very nice.

Nice.

Don't worry about superior off road ability of the Land Cruiser...that's normal.

New tires and wheels look great! Did you mount them yourself? What width tires did you get? Did you need the wheel spacers?

I ordered them Mounted and balanced from 4Wheelparts.com. The rims are 16x8 w/ a 4.5" backspace. I put 1.5" Spidertrax wheel spacers on. The tires are 255/85/16 = 33.1x10/16. The ride great at low speeds, but I can tell the steering stablizer is shot when I am running down the interstate. I just got the replacement stabilizer today, and I hope I can mount it this weekend.

I new steering stabilizer will help out. I have some play in mine too. My truck isn't best on the highway, but does fine at lower speeds.

Keep me posted!

Outstanding!

And quite the entertaining descriptive as well. That thing is a beast. Do you really only have a KPH gauge? You WILL be making it with us on the 21st right? And next time you better take a buddy to take pics of it in action, after shots just don't do it justice.

:clap:

The 21st is currently up to the wife. Oswald is ready to go, less a few things that don't matter. The biggest issue right now is the steering stablizer i was sent will not work with Oswald, so i need to get the right one. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom