orikawa SHOP THREAD (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it possible to add a hole for a Sub in the Door-less quarter panels? I know there's not much room and it will need to be reinforced, I'm looking for a way to add a sub to the truck and have it look OEM+.
my end is pretty easy on that front. I've made that mod for several customers at this point. Happy to talk through what I've seen work and what's possible whenever you're ready to order.

Definitely possible to add that to the door-less model. There's approximately 5.5" depth in the area it goes and there are some slim subs that drop in but will need reinforcement. The ft^3 of the quarter panel is around 2ft^3. My sub sounds/feels fine in there and I haven't heard complaints (nor direct feedback) from any of the customers who have added one in the quarter. I used a MDF CNC'd spacer ring from a friends router table 0.5" thick.

New FAQ up on the orikawa website for panel installation. This covers using well-nuts to attach all the orikawa panels to the truck.

New FAQ up on the orikawa website for panel installation. This covers using well-nuts to attach all the orikawa panels to the truck.
I wish I would've thought to use well nuts rather than the rivnuts I installed for my cargo panels I'm making. So much easier to change out if one gets cross threaded or otherwise mangled.

Ah well, if I booger one up in the future I can always swap it out with a well nut 🤔

Love your work, will be ordering a set of the rear cargo panels right now for my original tan FJ60. I just am trying to sort out color, if I want to add speakers, and how I am going to also work with a seatbelt upgrade (three point seatbelts to the back seat) into this. to make the seatbelts work it looks like I should just buy the FJ62 panels, assuming they have the same mounting locations as the FJ60, are just missing a bit of metal upfront where the FJ62 has the. plastic seatbelt cover.

The rear seatbelt upgrade will just have you removing the orikawa front trim panel (3 screws) and putting in the OEM 62 plastic retractor cover. I made them in separate pieces for several reasons but this works out perfectly for you in this application and the changes you'll make. Same mounting points (62 has an additional mount hole up front but it's not needed and won't be present on your truck anyway.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Traveling to Cruise Moab in a minute here so just give me a call if you need to sort anything else out.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom