Original Tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
I thought that Military NDT tires were it.......

I had this one off the rim before it clicked where I had seen it before....

Dunlop T26 600-16 :eek:
t26a.jpg
t26.jpg
dunlop t26.jpg

The link above, have to check Dunlop Japan ..... either way they probably wouldn't ship direct....someone would have to buy them there.

Anyone else here sick enough to really need these? :rolleyes: Doubt it would be any cheaper as a group buy, but I could ask. Don't have a firm quote with the shipping yet, but I'm thinking about twice what a military NDT would cost you.

Got a quote. For a set of five shipped to your door $1,075. PM me if you want the contact information.

For a set of five shipped to your door $1,075.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

How much does it go up with every tire? In other words would 10 be exactly 2150 or would it be 1750 due to shipping all together? I am assuming these were originally used on early 40's too. You might be able to get a group buy together if it was cheaper as the number went up. That would be sweet to have original tires. If I got my 40 to the point I want it to be in 10 yrs I might be crazy enough to get these....
Few guys on here that this would just be the icing on the cake for their cruisers but not mine at this point. :crybaby: :frown: .

$215 each, individually shipped, I imagine the price won't go down until you fill a container.

The T28 were repro'd for early Rovers apparently. I think these Dunlops were used only on the FJ25, not the 40. They are available in 16" only, so won't do you any good for a US spec 40.

For an early 40 you need to get a Dunlop RK3 (Roadtrak Major) but I haven't heard of any new ones in 15" . :cheers:

Jim you need you spend less time researching this stuff. Until you found these I would have been happy with the military 600 16 NDT tires that can be had for under seventy dollars a tire and found locally. I know this is money well spent. After all once I get about 30K into one I could always sell it for 10K if I could find the right buyer:rolleyes:

John

What did your Suzuki come with? Were they military NDT's, just curious on the maker, Dunlop or something else? The 25 came with either the 600-16 military tire or the T-26 (so far that I've seen).

Post a pic somewhere....those are cool little rigs. :cool:

Cruiser_Nerd said:
What did your Suzuki come with? Were they military NDT's, just curious on the maker, Dunlop or something else? The 25 came with either the 600-16 military tire or the T-26 (so far that I've seen).

Post a pic somewhere....those are cool little rigs. :cool:

They used two different sized tires. The LJ20S (Convertible) used 600-16's. The LJ20V (Tintop) used 560-15's. There was only one distributor of the LJ's. They had a third tire option. It used a 15" rim that had F78's. Thats what my rig has in it. They are the original dealer option tires and rims. The tires are cracked and weathered pretty bad being as old. When I go to 33's or 35's on the Pig, I will use the 235's from the '55 on the LJ.
If you guys ever get the chance to see one of these rare mini trucks.... I know you will get a true kick out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom