Opportunity to buy a 60 :: input needed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found a really nice 60 series for sale. 160k miles. 4 speed manual. Fuel injected. Interior and exterior were redone 2 years ago. Front arb bumper and winch along w roof rack. Looks super clean. Going to go see it tmrw hopefully. What should I expect to pay??? Not sure their ask as it’s part of an estate sale.

0D7850DC-ADF5-4715-AB2F-FB6CEA2FC17C.jpeg

698ECE36-7857-47E5-8F24-D7AE291BC427.jpeg

94D55A6F-48C6-4821-B213-6C47D8E8EE80.jpeg

735D3902-6DE9-4A71-9484-D7205D7B54E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Found a really nice 60 series for sale. 160k miles. 4 speed auto. Fuel injected. Interior and exterior were redone 2 years ago. Front arb bumper and winch along w roof rack. Looks super clean. Going to go see it tmrw hopefully. What should I expect to pay??? Not sure their ask as it’s part of an estate sale.

View attachment 3357841

View attachment 3357842

View attachment 3357843

View attachment 3357844
That appears to be a very nice example. Is this your first 60 series? Do you know what system they used for the fuel injection conversion? (FJ60s were not fuel injected, they were carbed). AND, that's not an automatic. The 60 came with a 4 speed manual transmission. The 62 came with the automatic. When you go to look at the truck (which BTW, from the pics you posted, I like very much), make sure to check the frame behind the rear wheels... the C-Channels. They rust right away into nothing...

I'm sorry if you know this stuff already, just adding a couple of details. And, please don't take the above the wrong way. The estate seller might not know what they actually have.

Good luck.

As for price, I'm not sure. It appears to have an OME lft, a nice ARB front bumper, a great winch, a fine roof rack, new tires and as you noted a refreshed interior. Someone put a lot of time/money into that truck. Have a look at recent sales on bring a trailer (BAT) to see what 60s with similar mileage and upgrades are selling for. Well north of 20k is my guess.

Last edited:
Thanks. It’s an ‘85 and yes, 4sp manual. I updated the post. It would be my first 60 series. No rust. Holley EFI kit. Not sure about anything else done. But she said they paid $38k from a resto-mod shop so I would imagine a lot was done to it!

Last edited:
I’ve seen stock FJ60’s with new paint and nice interior sell for $28K. (Which was too high in my opinion)

Thanks. It’s an ‘85 and yes, 4sp manual. I updated the post. It would be my first 60 series. No rust. Holley EFI kit. Not sure about anything else done. But she said they paid $38k from a resto-mod shop so I would imagine a lot was done to it!
I guess the question is: how much are you willing to pay for it? 20k would be reasonable if they are looking to offload it quickly for cash. They might want 40k. Feel them out. That’s a very nice truck.

that is a fine looking specimen. if you're entertaining purchasing it, i'd suggest finding out what shop it was that got the 38k n talk to them. never know, it may have been a mud supporting vendor, which i believe would be a plus. $wise, i'm the wrong guy to ask cuz i'll only buy $h!t south of 5 digits :hillbilly: . good luck

that is a fine looking specimen. if you're entertaining purchasing it, i'd suggest finding out what shop it was that got the 38k n talk to them. never know, it may have been a mud supporting vendor, which i believe would be a plus. $wise, i'm the wrong guy to ask cuz i'll only buy $h!t south of 5 digits :hillbilly: . good luck
I’ve got two digits for you my brother…
:flipoff2:

Nice rig. Leather dash is interesting to see. Nice stereo too. Needs a horn pin/ plate and the shift boot installed correctly though.

Price? Sky’s the limit.

Interesting to see a for sale sign on the front windshield with the price/details blotted out in the photos.

I agree with the $20K figure, although they probably want much more.

estate sale? is there a price listed
or
is this going to be an auction?

Interesting to see a for sale sign on the front windshield with the price/details blotted out in the photos.

I agree with the $20K figure, although they probably want much more.
I blotted it out :) for now... if i pass, id be glad to share the contact info.

estate sale? is there a price listed
or
is this going to be an auction?
The guy that owned it passed away in april. His wife is selling it. I dont think itll be going to auction.

I blotted it out :) for now... if i pass, id be glad to share the contact info.

The guy that owned it passed away in april. His wife is selling it. I dont think itll be going to auction.
You headed out to see it today? Hoping that it’s as nice in person as it is in the pics.

You headed out to see it today? Hoping that it’s as nice in person as it is in the pics.
Im going to certainly try and will update if i can. If not, im going to have them send me a ton more pics. ill reach out to ACC Toyota here in the atlanta area and see if they are the ones that put it together.

Im going to certainly try and will update if i can. If not, im going to have them send me a ton more pics. ill reach out to ACC Toyota here in the atlanta area and see if they are the ones that put it together.
Sounds like a plan. Hope that everything works out.

You say resto-mod. Does it still have the 2F engine?

hey, we're in the same time zone, have ya seen it yet?:bounce2::bounce: yeah, i'm impatient at times:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom