Open Question on Plans for GSMTR 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just went through this thread again. Oddly on day 1 of the new year. Just killing some time.

Larry sounds like the typical guy that has a problem. Listening to him as long as he's reasonable is the right thing to do. Either side gets an attitude and the whole issue fails. I'll bet Larry and I would've gotten along on the trail or at camp like basically everyone who attended the early events. (Well there were a few we called "The Outlaws.") Since I don't have a dog in the fight anymore, it looks to me like most people who attend TLCA events can only attend one per year anyway. Some can attend more but not enough to make a percentage difference in the actual event participation. So Larry, you and 5 or 6 guys that have a problem with the dates, it will never show up at registration totals. THAT'S why the volunteers don't put a ton of weight in your comments. It won't make enough difference.

In case you don't know, I was President of STLCA for a number of years and the GSMTR Chairman for more. I was a (short) part of the 5ish guys that always helped out each year. I was even the co-founder of the Chapter and event. You call it Geesmitter because I coined the word. I don't have a dog in your fight but I do have a huge history with this and I still care. I hope to be there... In JUNE this year.

Last edited:

In case you don't know, I was President of STCA for a number of years and the GSMTR Chairman for more..

My memory is not remotely that limited. I recall meeting you; seeing your contributions to GSMTR and the STLCA.

Roger / Rob / Corky / Mike / Saski / Joe
Thank you for all that you did for GSMTR, the STLCA and the Cruiser community. You were the unsung heroes doing the heavy lifting that yielded success. You are not forgotten heroes.

My memory is not remotely that limited. I recall meeting you; seeing your contributions to GSMTR and the STLCA.

Roger / Rob / Corky / Mike / Saski / Joe
Thank you for all that you did for GSMTR, the STLCA and the Cruiser community. You were the unsung heroes doing the heavy lifting that yielded success. You are not forgotten heroes.

The discussion focus had shifted to the 90's, but the efforts and contributions of current volunteers are equally as important and invaluable now.

Andy / Andy / Chris / Hunter / Todd / Regina / Jamie / Roger / Rob / Jason / Eric / Tone / others that I am missing,
Thank you for all that you are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom