Open invitation to Rubithon 2006, Non CA Chatper members (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ARGH.. Chef.. YOur hittin the aquavelva first! That's all I got to say! Between that and Brantley's Mexican Tequila shot glass ammo belt it's a long long stumble to the tent..

Alright then gotta figure out how to get thier, my cruiser from Japan is late.

Might be able to scrounge up another cruiser or talk one of my cruiser buddies into driving down.

I will not miss this hell or high water as Moab is killin me watching the posts of pics.

Rob

pismojim said:
Before Peter chimes in, I'm sure Tony meant to include CA - and I don't mean Kalifornia.

Looking forward to seeng all you kooks on the trail,

Jim, I finally get to see you on the trail again, good times look forward to it. HOpe all is well

Suppose to pick a cruiser from a North Western cruiser head we all know (HintLP)for another cruiser head who purchased it.

Wonder if he would mind if I drove it to the meet (but not wheeled it), might need a passenger seat ride for the event???

Bueller............

I wanna come too!

At least two CA resident... dot.ca that is, is taking y'all up on your generous 'free premier' offer.

Peter Straub will be piloting the hopefully incorectly named 'Snowflake', the BJ74.
Marc Ritchie will be making a encour performance in Shaker, his BJ42.

Both rigs double locked on 38's in typical dot.ca fashion. Which more or less means we'll be broken on the trail most of the time.

Do we have to do the formal sign-up or something.

Peter Straub

Behemoth60 said:

Peter Straub

Yes Peter... please sign up or something so we got you covered...

www.rubithon.com

Fantastic!

Behemoth60 said:

Peter Straub
All YOU really need is a parking pass.

It's not clear if that should cost more or less that actually running the trail...

Good news for the regularily scheduled runs - it will be easier to get around snowflake.

:flipoff2:

TRT2 said:
Yes Peter... please sign up or something so we got you covered...

I sent you an e-mail with the registration details for Marc and I. Let me know if you need anything more formal.

And Jim, how would you feel about running the trail again on Friday. Marc and I are signing up as 'Solo' runners... This will be our third time across, so we are somewhat comfortable with the trail, but would surely love to have a local guide to show us the sights. Neither of us have done Old Sluice.

We're planning to almost exactly emulate Bruce's plan that he posted months ago...
Leave Wed. After work. Drive Straight through. Unload the trucks and leave the Super Dodge and 24' Goosneck in the parking lot in the stagging area near Tahoe on Thursday afternoon. Drive around to Loon and Camp there Thursday Night. Drive the trail on Friday. Chill out Saturday. First out on Sunday, load up... be back at work on Tuesday morning.

Should we hook up with one of the Friday runs, or Solo this? Thoughts?

Peter Straub

Peter, Friday 7 am run or solo between that and Marlin may be your best bet. My plan is to have run the trail both directions and parked at the springs by Thrusday am. I don't think I'll be up for a trip in from loon on Friday. I don't want to be late for the event awards - OK I really mean the Marauder Bar.

I may know another local also on your schedule. I'll look forward to running out with you on Sunday.

pismojim said:
I don't want to be late for the event awards - OK I really mean the Marauder Bar.

Be late!? Why would we be late? We'll go fast. I can't imagine any reason why we'd be late....

OK. Fine... Hopefully we get there in time to join you for the drive out on Sunday morning.

Peter

Peter... play it by ear. if you go early, go. If you find the Friday group in front of you, join in.

I suggest hitting the trail Thursday and heading in to Ellis. Nice camping there, sets you up for easy departure on Friday, you'll be bumping into the Thursday group around Buck, and then drop into the springs. sweet.

Tony

Do passengers have to be TLCA members?

Ryan

So where is everyone who is flying in, landing? I may do a search for a flight, it sounds like fun.

Just to confirm here in early June, Rubithon is a go and we expect the snow to be clear.

Breakfast runs are full but still taking registrations for the event.

Visit www.rubithon.com for more info.

Please be sure to patronize and thank our sponsors...

Radd Cruisers said:
Alright then gotta figure out how to get thier, my cruiser from Japan is late.

Might be able to scrounge up another cruiser or talk one of my cruiser buddies into driving down.

I will not miss this hell or high water as Moab is killin me watching the posts of pics.

Rob

So Rob, you going? Or are you the cause of all this rain we're getting?

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom