onlinetires -- Any good? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive heard (purely rumor and speculation) that some of these online tire dist. get cheap prices by buying older inventory. High quality tire wholesalers will keep fresh inventory and want to turn it frequently. They sell inventory to secondary sellers on tires that have been sitting (Im guessing 2 years or older?)

So...I would ask what the date code is on what youre buying. just fyi

rule of thumb from the rubber manufacturers association is that they recommend not running tires over 6 years old. So if you are buying tires, determine how old they area and add how long you think the tires will last on your rig and see if the number is in this area.

For some LC owners, their rig will sit and only get, say, 5K a year miles on them. In this case the buyer would want to get as fresh made tires as possible.

my .02

Yes. Sound advice on asking for the date code. I've been wondering if they sell older overstock or "scratch and dent" models.

I decided not to risk it after reading some pretty negative reviews online. Went to the local tire shop instead.

I have purchased and picked up from their local warehouse and didn't have any issues. I usually use their prices for price matching.

You can see the month and year of manufacture on all tires in a small circle on the sidewall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom