On road trip from chicago , going west (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking for scenic drive on pavement (michelin stock rubber :frown:)
will be going thru ; Estes park , Moab , staying 2 days in Page , going back via route 66 . any suggestions ?
next year i will get better tires for white rim trail , this year only on road . 14 lx570 is my ride .thanx :)

Ha 😃. Guess , I’m on my own , like 20 years ago when internet was still on the moon
Drive and explore , see what you see 👍🏻😎

Ha 😃. Guess , I’m on my own , like 20 years ago when internet was still on the moon
Drive and explore , see what you see 👍🏻😎
I'm going WAY further west than I ever have later this summer. I'm just winging it also.

Page will be further I will go , maybe I will visit Zion and go back .
Or go north and going back through Denver ❓

I am a recent owner of 2009 LX 570 from Chicago area as well. Love to hear from you on how your trip did go? On a side note, Recently I was in Denver. Did a day trip to Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) loop - what a beautiful landscape. Went thru Estes Park, Trail Ridge Road (opened just last week) for traffic, Grand lake, Arapaho Bay and back to Denver. Tons of trail, beautiful lodges, you can go mad looking at the landscape... Easily spend a week. Check whether Fall River road (gravel road) is open (Last week it was not). That trip pushed me to buy an LX ....

Check Grand Circle tour (the general route, not an actual tour group) If you go all the way to Powell, and not hit GC, Sion, Bryce, stoopid

I’m on the road !!! 😁😁
94D8DCDC-D9EA-4C96-9F1B-796C2687115B.jpeg

Love to hear about the adventure and what to look out for on such a long road trip from Chicago .... E
Everything is so far away from here :)

I am a recent owner of 2009 LX 570 from Chicago area as well. Love to hear from you on how your trip did go? On a side note, Recently I was in Denver. Did a day trip to Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) loop - what a beautiful landscape. Went thru Estes Park, Trail Ridge Road (opened just last week) for traffic, Grand lake, Arapaho Bay and back to Denver. Tons of trail, beautiful lodges, you can go mad looking at the landscape... Easily spend a week. Check whether Fall River road (gravel road) is open (Last week it was not). That trip pushed me to buy an LX ....
This is why I purchased my LX
To put many miles on it , it’s going be easy ...
Because there is nothing in one day from Chicago ☹️ Car is great , no complaints.

Yes , highway and mountain, when you going easy up the mountain with out cruise control, you can get great mpg going down .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom