Olympic NP — Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

saucebox

Slobivius Americanus
SILVER Star
Threads
I've got a trip to Seattle coming up, and a free weekend between work. I'll be driving there in my 100-series.

I'm hoping to spend the free weekend at Olympic National Park. Camping there, seeing what I can see, etc., from Friday evening after work until Monday morning. I've been to Seattle before, but didn't see anything except pavement (still, great city).

I'm taking a shot in the dark with campgrounds and everything—anything the locals would recommend? I prefer staying out of the RV crowd, but will likely camp inside the LX.

Or...should I go elsewhere? The only hard limit I have is Monday morning—I'll have to be back in the Seattle office (near-ish the financial district) Monday AM. I don't mind getting up crazy early to make it to the office.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I'm not even sure I got the right group. There seem to be 3 for the WA area.

This was info shared by a Seattle Cruiserhead member, I don’t know if he is on Mud.

1.) Deer Park Camp Ground. Strait South from Port Angeles right up the mountain, car camping at 5,500 feet. Cant beat it. No running water up there so bring what you need. Look it up before going, awesome place.

Deer Park Campground

2.) Boon-docking on the Hoh river right before the National park boundary. There are several access roads/trails down to the right as you head up the road towards the Hoh river campground and thr trail that goes to Mt Olympus. The river is super low now so once you get down to the river bank you can wheel around and find a good spot, have a massive fire, get drunk, etc. All the things you can't do in the dark, over crowded national park campsite.

This is the approximate location but scope it out and find the best spot.

47°48'12.9"N 124°05'48.0"W

You can also do the west fork camp ground which is small and less annoying than the campground up river at the trail head with all the weirdos.

South Fork Hoh Campground

Hope this helps.

Dave

This was info shared by a Seattle Cruiserhead member, I don’t know if he is on Mud.

1.) Deer Park Camp Ground. Strait South from Port Angeles right up the mountain, car camping at 5,500 feet. Cant beat it. No running water up there so bring what you need. Look it up before going, awesome place.

Deer Park Campground

2.) Boon-docking on the Hoh river right before the National park boundary. There are several access roads/trails down to the right as you head up the road towards the Hoh river campground and thr trail that goes to Mt Olympus. The river is super low now so once you get down to the river bank you can wheel around and find a good spot, have a massive fire, get drunk, etc. All the things you can't do in the dark, over crowded national park campsite.

This is the approximate location but scope it out and find the best spot.

47°48'12.9"N 124°05'48.0"W

You can also do the west fork camp ground which is small and less annoying than the campground up river at the trail head with all the weirdos.

South Fork Hoh Campground

Hope this helps.

Dave

It definitely does, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom