Ok electronics gurus, I need help with this 100 series fog light mystery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm trying to do the "fog lights on when you want them on and not just when the headlights are on" mod on my 06 TLC. It's a pretty easy walk through except for some insane reason, there is no fog lamp relay in my fuse panel on the left side of my engine compartment. Everything I've researched says it's supposed to be there, including Mitchell and a fuse box map from Toyota, but, it's just not there. Here's where it gets crazy. When you turn the fog lamps on and off you can hear a clicking coming from that fuse panel, loud and clear. I can't find a single thing about this mod where the relay is NOT in that fuse panel.

Any chance someone else has heard of this, or come across it? I suppose the only way around this if I can't figure it out is to run a complete new wiring harness with relay and switch which is sure to be a HUGE pain. Hopefully someone here can help! Thanks!

I'd search for the relay by feeling which one is being activated when you flip the switch (on the 3 wheel motion, yo)

Last edited:
It's in the lower drivers interior panel. The effort it takes is high.

It's in the lower drivers interior panel. The effort it takes is high.

What do you think the clicking in the main fuse box is? I've read about the kick panel access and I'm not looking forward to it because at least I'll know its there.

Getting to that relay sucks, if you're running LED bulbs, they draw little to no power, just tap into your parking light wiring and use that to power them.

Sorry, that was wrong, it's in the main board underside, soldered in.
what he said above, cut the harness by the center hood support and run it to the panel 7.5 amp fuse. then they;d be on with the first spin of the rotary knob on the stalk. The drawback is that your blinker bullbs will be on solid a tthe same time.

figuring a way re wire the steering wheel stalk seems too much effort to me.

Last edited:
Getting to that relay sucks, if you're running LED bulbs, they draw little to no power, just tap into your parking light wiring and use that to power them.

Can you provide a link with more information on this? I appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom