Oil running out of exhaust manifold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My cruiser had been having some horrible idle and acceleration issues for 2 weeks. I just recently replaced injectors in late winter and now it has the same stumble and idle. I went in just this weekend to replace the injectors again, but after, the idle was the same irregularity and now the manifold, which I didn't know had an exhaust leak also leaks oil. The 92 80 series with the 4.0 has a split exhaust manifold between cylinder 1,2,3 and the other one 4,5, and 6. Thinking valves seals but would they put out that my oil

Where exactly is the oil leak, from the right side of the head (just below the
valve cover)? If you're not sure, get some safe engine degreaser and wash that side of the engine off, maybe first thing in the morning when the engine is cold, then start the engine and watch closely for the oil leak to reappear.
Then take some photos and post them up.

Is it oil leaking or is it fuel mixing with the burned carbon and leaking out a bad gasket?

Maybe an injector is stuck open and causing what looks like an oil leak?

You realize that moisture in the exhaust is a naturally occurring phenomenon and it looks like black oil dripping out the exhaust shortly after startup and for a little while until the engine comes to full temperature? Is that what you're seeing?

What's your actual engine oil level doing? Dropping rapidly or no change?

Are you sure that is not soot and water ?

The oil is being sent through the exhaust manifold, in the pipe and dripping out of the exhaust

With that much oil going through the motor, guessing a ton of smoke coming out the exhaust pipe, a real skeeter killer? What cylinders is missing, fouling the plug?

My guess is either 1,2 or 3, but not soot and water, actual oil coming out of the air leak with the manifold connects to the pipe to the cat. Flowing so much the exhaust doesn't burn it then I lost some cylinders revving it up

My guess is either 1,2 or 3, but not soot and water, actual oil coming out of the air leak with the manifold connects to the pipe to the cat. Flowing so much the exhaust doesn't burn it then I lost some cylinders revving it up

Got any videos or pics of this phenomenon?

I know the rest of us are obviously ignorant and have never done this before, but I would like to see this.

20190807_183149.jpg

Can't see a leak, a few stains maybe?? Mark the area you feel is leaking and take some new photos from a few different angles, below, side, etc, and post them up??

Hi everyone, I am answering with the resolution to the issue. I had oil literally dripping out of the exhaust manifold at a leak because my head gasket had blown. I took everything apart, replaced the gasket, cleaned the sludge and put it all back together including got a die, and fixed the threads to finally close the leaking exhaust. It feels like a new truck. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. It s a 3fe engine

20190818_103143.jpg

20190818_093800.jpg

20190817_104556.jpg

20190818_103143.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom