Oil indicator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep

GOLD Star
Threads
Today while accelerating onto the interstate my oil level (or temp?) indicator lit briefly. Aside from the obvious (oil level) what might cause this?

Mine the two or three times it's happened in 9 years has always been the oil level. Oil is still at the bottom of the stick, so you've still got plenty, but throw in a quart after you've checked your level. Cheapest car insurance available.

Was it the aladin's lamp looking indicator?

That is the level lamp. It means that you are about 2 quarts low :ugh: If the stick shows full, it may be a bad float.

Thats the one... must be a bad float. Any idea what I'm looking at for a replacement?

Was it the aladin's lamp looking indicator?

That is the level lamp. It means that you are about 2 quarts low :ugh: If the stick shows full, it may be a bad float.
Cdan - I thought that read oil pressure and not oil level. Have I pulled boner or is that right?

Junk,

It indicates oil level in the pan. It comes on at about 2 quarts low. I have seen it on in mine at an EXTREME nose down angle in Moab twice.

Keep, I will check that in the morning for you and send you a PM with the info on the float. It is bolted to the upper oil pan on the LH (USDS, Beo) side, about in the centerline of the engine.

I'm parched :beer:

>> I have seen it on in mine at an EXTREME nose down angle in Moab twice. <<

And at least once in the Rio Puerco. :G
-B-

-B-

Yup, Father's day run last year.......... :G

Now, that was a STEEP incline....no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom