SOLD Offenhauser 6226-C Intake with Weber Carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlestonG8R

Hey y'all!
SILVER Star
Threads
11/29 Update: I actually forgot about this listing…. But I still have the intake. How about $225 plus shipping?

I have an Offenhauser 6226-C with Weber carb and Clifford 4bbl to 2bbl adapter that came off my nicely running 1981 FJ40. Trollhole pulled it as I wanted to go back to the stock setup in my 40. The previous owner had it installed by ACC (I believe) and it worked really well. I think I have the accelerator pedal as well for the carburetor. You'll need to have a look at your setup to make sure this will work; my 40 has headers and you can't use the stock air cleaner. I believe it will fit both FJ40's and FJ60's that are 1975 and newer. $400 OBO plus shipping.

Last edited:
96A4818B-A90D-4C5B-B894-E70A119E598A.jpeg
B9BD079A-A232-4552-A453-C1B543B92645.jpeg
35F59DA1-BCC9-4D1B-8B84-4B2265552CEE.jpeg
4D8751A2-0657-4541-A81D-8EABFA047B1C.jpeg
BFBF4EDB-45D5-486F-9A7A-7A3E0A51F7AD.jpeg

Just curious, since the Clifford adapter is using the "Square Bore" bolt pattern, why did they mount the carburetor sideways, was there some advantage in doing so that I don't know about ???

Just curious, since the Clifford adapter is using the "Square Bore" bolt pattern, why did they mount the carburetor sideways, was there some advantage in doing so that I don't know about ???
I might have it flipped 180 degrees, I'm not sure... The carburetor isn't bolted down at the moment. Regarding why it was mounted sideways, I assume it had more to do with gaining clearance than anything. It worked really well, though. I've really been wondering what kind of horsepower someone can get if they mounted an EFI on this thing; if I wasn't so bent on keep a "stock look" I'd reinstall it with a sniper and find out myself.

Yep, you should be able to spin that adapter 90 degrees using the same bolt pattern, then offer it as a Sniper/FiTech intake ???

Yep, you should be able to spin that adapter 90 degrees using the same bolt pattern, then offer it as a Sniper/FiTech intake ???
Yes, I agree. I've "heard" rumblings of folks trying to run the 4BBL Sniper/FiTech on 2F's but I haven't "seen" one yet. Very curious if that would work.

It should, problem might be those systems are not quite as "self learning" as some have admitted, would no doubt take some additional programming ??

I have an Offenhauser 6226-C with Weber carb and Clifford 4bbl to 2bbl adapter that came off my nicely running 1981 FJ40. Trollhole pulled it as I wanted to go back to the stock setup in my 40. The previous owner had it installed by ACC (I believe) and it worked really well. I think I have the accelerator pedal as well for the carburetor. You'll need to have a look at your setup to make sure this will work; my 40 has headers and you can't use the stock air cleaner. I believe it will fit both FJ40's and FJ60's that are 1975 and newer. $400 OBO plus shipping.
Is the intake still for sale?

I will purchase this immediately if it is still available, and others in line back out. I have been looking for years :(
@tmonty has first right of refusal when I get back to my house in July. If he's not interested, you're next in line, sir.

Sorry guys! Okay, I'm back home. I was out of town for a few months then forgot about this listing... It's still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom