Off road trails near Ruidoso (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello from Texas!

My wife’s family has always had roots in Ruidoso and it’s been awhile since we’ve all been there.

We’ve been thinking about going back for a trip and I wanted to take the kids off-roading in the 4Runner there (same vehicle we’d make the trek to NM in.

I’m having trouble finding some possible trails in the area and their level of difficulty. Apparently there’s a group online called the Ridge Runners but I can’t seem to find any info from or about them.

Figured I’d ask the Cruiser community ☺️.

Any advice or help would be appreciated. And Happy New Year!

I procured some maps from the forest service and think I have some other books around, I will see if I can dig them up- I have just moved so it might be a little while.

When do you plan on having your trip?

Oddly enough MTB project lets you know if there are vehicles on the trail as well as if it is dual track... might be worth a peep.

Also New Mexico Off Highway Vehicle Association...

Derp... This is the map I have....

Best,
J

Attachments

• stelprdb5413948.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 143
Be sure to pack your tire chains!

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the responses. I think we’re planning on possibly Spring break or early June at this point.

was just hoping for some park type roads that go up mountains, maybe a few small creek type crossings, but nothing I couldn’t easily just turn around and head back to the cabin with the kids.

I wish I knew more about this area... My grandparents took us all around there but I was so little I don't recall exactly where we were. I remember some spectacular views and bumpy roads in an old carryall.
The worst snow storm I ever drove through on a highway was climbing the hill on 37 to Nogal. Sketchy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom