OEM Remote Start Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Good news....I was finally successful in getting my 12Volt Solutions Remote Start installed. Install was really simple with help from the folks here on how to get the dash apart.

Bad news....I think that the new remote is conflicting with my factory remote and not functioning correctly.

When I attempt to remote start using the phone app it attempts a partial turn over of the engine and immediately turns off. I then have to get in press and release the brake and start/stop button a coupe times before it will even restart. If I attempt to start from the key fob it flashes the parking lights and appears to be attempt to start, but never turns the engine over.

Anyone know how to disengage the factory installed remote start? I took the LC to see a friend of mine at the dealer this afternoon. He connected it to their Techstream PC with the intention of reversing the install instructions for the dealer installed OEM remote start - attempting to reverse the remote activation in the ECU. When we went into the system customization we could not find an option to deactivate the OEM remote. Anyone know if the factory installed remote is supposed to the same as the dealer installed version from Toyota?

Any suggestions?

Not sure I can help, but when I purchased my 2013 LC200 new from dealer, remote start was not an option - it was included whether I wanted it or not. It is my understanding that the remote start was a "Port" installed option, i.e. installed after importation and before the vehicle is shipped to the dealer. This is the same with the rear seat video setup in the ceiling - installed at the port and not by the dealer. So remote start is NOT installed at the factory.

It sounds to me like you have some conflict with the Immobilizer which is inhibiting engine start. Did your OEM remote start work correctly before you had the aftermarket remote start installed? Does your OEM remote start work now after the aftermarket install?

Just thinking out loud...

Not sure I can help, but when I purchased my 2013 LC200 new from dealer, remote start was not an option - it was included whether I wanted it or not. It is my understanding that the remote start was a "Port" installed option, i.e. installed after importation and before the vehicle is shipped to the dealer. This is the same with the rear seat video setup in the ceiling - installed at the port and not by the dealer. So remote start is NOT installed at the factory.

It sounds to me like you have some conflict with the Immobilizer which is inhibiting engine start. Did your OEM remote start work correctly before you had the aftermarket remote start installed? Does your OEM remote start work now after the aftermarket install?

Just thinking out loud...

Thanks gaijin - I suspect you are correct from what I’ve read that it is port installed. I’m not sure why the ECU settings appear different though.

The OEM remote start did work before installing the aftermarket. It does not work with the aftermarket unit installed. I’m going to attempt to find And disconnect the harness for the oem unit today. Figured I’d try that next to see if I still have to turn it off in the ecu.

Thanks gaijin - I suspect you are correct from what I’ve read that it is port installed. I’m not sure why the ECU settings appear different though.

The OEM remote start did work before installing the aftermarket. It does not work with the aftermarket unit installed. I’m going to attempt to find And disconnect the harness for the oem unit today. Figured I’d try that next to see if I still have to turn it off in the ecu.

I don't want to go too far down the "I think so" road, but I think the ECU has to be flashed by the installer of the OEM remote start. The install and the ECU flash would have been done at the port.

What you propose sounds like a good idea, but you will probably have to rely on a Toyota dealer or purchase the Techstream software and cable to finally get the aftermarket remote start working - and that may not work, either.

I guess if it were me, I'd just live with the OEM remote start.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Thanks again gaijin - seems like the mystery has been solved.

I just pulled the oem remote start V5 connector apart behind the glove box. We are fortunate that the OEM remote goes in with this one connector. It took a little digging to get to, but it is easy to recognize the connector if you follow Toyota's remote start install instructions.

I tested the new 12 Volt Solutions remote (key fob and phone app) and it seems to be working great.

Will post if I run into any issues.

Thanks again gaijin - seems like the mystery has been solved.

I just pulled the oem remote start V5 connector apart behind the glove box. We are fortunate that the OEM remote goes in with this one connector. It took a little digging to get to, but it is easy to recognize the connector if you follow Toyota's remote start install instructions.

I tested the new 12 Volt Solutions remote (key fob and phone app) and it seems to be working great.

Will post if I run into any issues.

Great! Glad you got it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom