Odometer fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had to purchase a used instrument cluster. Now the odometer is off about 10k miles. Is there a way or place that will or can update the mileage? I need to add 10k miles to the clock. I called the dealer and that was a no go. Thanks for the help

I believe it's illegal to adjust the odometer. You just need receipts / paperwork for your records to show why there is a difference.
Are you saying if the dealer replaces the odometer the mileage will be and has to be by law reset to zero? I'm not as familiar with Toyota but on Fords it is reprogrammable and will be "programmed" to the existing mileage.

When you order them from Lexus or Toyota it’s comes with the mileage ordered. It can only be done with the vehicle being repaired by the dealer. You can not order a new one with correct mileage over the counter.
There maybe a speedometer repair shop that can correct your mileage.

Are you saying if the dealer replaces the odometer the mileage will be and has to be by law reset to zero? I'm not as familiar with Toyota but on Fords it is reprogrammable and will be "programmed" to the existing mileage.
Apparently I am wrong. Acrad posted a link to someone who will do it for $90.

Apparently I am wrong. Acrad posted a link to someone who will do it for $90.
Understood. I think what you meant is tampering (intentionally lowering) is illegal, which I agree is the case. But it is not illegal to program ex for replacement purposes so I think we're all on the same page now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom