OC HVAC Recommendations Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Ok, first the story-this is a review I posted on Yelp under Mark Hassinger HVAC:

"Hmmm...seems as if Mark is working under Michael Johnson HVAC now. Read how his license was lost and his response AFTER having Michael Johnson come out to repair one of my air conditioning units. Debated writing this here to. I've posted my one star review of Michael Johnson HVAC under that name. Mark and his company installed two Bryant HVAC systems for me back in 2001. They did a nice job and were very professional in every way and at a reasonable cost. Fast forward to September 10, 2015 - my downstairs air conditioning is not coming on so I call and speak to Mark...working under the new contractor license of Michael Johnson it appears. Tell him what's going on but that it's not an emergency as our upstairs unit is still working. This is on a Thursday. They come out Friday afternoon. Capacitor is fried. Tech pops a new one in and all is working. Super...right up until he tells me the charge is $510! What!!! $135 for the call, diagnosis and repair and...wait for it...$375 for a capacitor that I googled and found cost $60!!! Read the reviews under Hassinger and found a review by Amir M. back in 2014 with a review just like this one. I've got no problem with what the service call and repair cost me. It took the tech about a half hour total. I've got no problem with a REASONABLE charge for the capacitor. They have to purchase, inventory and have it available on their trucks. That all costs money. I'm sure they probably didn't pay $60 for the capacitor as that would have been my purchase price on Amazon I believe where I found the $60 unit. This is a 600% markup rip off!

I WAS going to have them at some point come out and replace a lot of aging ducts falling apart in my attic. NOT NOW, if they operate under this kind of ethics rip off." ...end of yelp review

I really do need to have both heating and air conditioning units inspected and cleaned. Will not be having Michael Johnson/aka Mark Hassinger coming anywhere near my property again! We're also looking at having a good deal of our duct work replaced in the attic. Most of it is the original ducting that was installed in 1986 and much of it is just falling apart/insulation falling off the ducting. The ducting I'm talking about is the flexible type ducting, not the ridged metal kind. Not a complicated job, but energy efficiency wise, it's time to get the work done.

Does anyone have an HONEST and TRUSTWORTHY company for this?

Anyone belong to Angies List that can look up recommendations for this?

Last edited:
All Climates Control 949-361-4339. Owner's name is Eric. We had him install our A/C unit a few months back and was, we thought very reasonably. He also does the HVAC work at the offices. He's worth a call.

Thanks Nathan. Only other HVAC contractor I know in our area is Alicia Air HVAC. Went ahead and for $8 annual fee signed up for Angies List last night. Will research All Climates there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom