SOLD NYC 1996 FJ80 factory locked 145k $2,000 (SOLD) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello all,
This painful time has come, and I should now sell my FJ80. Sold my house in New York, and don't have a driveway anymore. I now have to move my truck everyday for street cleaning, and it has been a pain. The mechanic who left me use his lift also has closed shop. It's only going downhill for now, so time to say goodbye. It feels that this truck is ready to be parted out, but I can't do it in this configuration, so the whole vehicle is for sale. Clean title in hand.

The good
- Very low miles, at 145,300
- Factory locked
- It starts, run and drives, has plates and insurance, and I can drive it to you if you buy it and are in the NYC area. Inspection up at the end of january.
- It has a ARB bumper
- It has a snorkel
- heavy duty roof rack
- It has many new parts including: two new exhaust manifold. A new Y pipe. A new catalytic converter. A new water pump. A new alternator. A new battery, new belts. Coolant changed last year, synthetic oil used since I own the truck (past 55k).
- Dual battery setup, but only one battery present now.

The bad
- Body is in rough shape. Doors and glass are OK, but frame is banged up and rusted in rear quarter panels
- Typical NY rust under the body, but frame is strong.
- Interior is not in very good shape but still functioning.
- After the last shop installed the exhaust manifolds they ****ed up the throttle cable / kick back cable and I now have the O/D light flashing after driving for a bit
- After I installed the cat converter, i never welded it to the pipe. All elements are there, but it needs to be welded. That would also get rid of the emission light
- No 3rd row seats
- A/C doesn't work. The pump is recent but there's a leak somewhere
- It has problems starting, often need multiple tries to start (starter clicking but not turning, ignition issue)
Pictures below...

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like a good price. The locked axles alone are worth this, plus J see some other goodies like the bumper and snorkel that have value.

I have to ask, what/who were you transporting in the cage in the cargo area? :oops:

Original post says no rear seats. Looks like they're just folded up against the front seats?
How is the metal partition attached to the vehicle?
Receipts for the work?

Read the blog post. That's quite the undertaking.

Sorry, I meant no third row. Partition was attached using existing threads (seat belt, seat, etc...)
I have receipts for the parts, done the recent work myself.

PM sent, check your messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom