numbers etched on window glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive always been curious to know what the white numbers etched into the corners of the window glass mean. They match all the way around. None on the windshield though.
Picture.jpg

OH. Well now..those numbers arent close to my vin, but hey...at least they all match all the way around. Did all land cruisers come with these or just the JDM???

In some countrys they engrave the license plate number in the windows. In case of theft the crooks have to replace all the windows.

Rudi

My JDM has them... Not sure if they match the frame number (no vins on JDM 40s) or not...

In some countrys they engrave the license plate number in the windows. In case of theft the crooks have to replace all the windows.

Rudi

And I've done exactly that on my BJ40 Rudi.

(And I've also taken many other actions to deter theft .. because vehicle-theft is not uncommon here.)

:cheers:

My US market FJ60 has the complete VIN number etched on the corners of every piece of glass including the windshield. Must of been an option?

When I still lived in Holland the insurance company offered people a discount for engraving your license plate number into the all the glass work.

Rudi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom