November 15 2014 Uwharrie Workday. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT
GOLD Star
Threads
Getting this date out there now.

Update will be after the Oct workday.

Hope to see you out there.

Can't make it. I have to go pick up my repaired trailer in Bowling Green, KY.

Hi Everyone – Sorry about the late email about this month’s volunteer workday. We’ll be continuing our barricading illegal trails that come off of Dickey Bell Trail and we’ll be installing “No vehicles beyond this point” signs where we put up the barricades.

Meet at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am this Saturday, Nov 15th. We’ll need vehicles that can haul / drag guardrail up to Dickey Bell Trail to the rocky hill climb and that an haul the posts up there too. We have 5 or 6 guardrails placed along the trail that need to be installed so we’ll be taking extra posts for them. Bring ratchet sets or drills, rock bars, chains & cables to haul the guardrail up, shovels, work gloves & boots, lunch and water.

Thanks a lot for your continued help with the OHV Trails so that we can keep the system open.

Bye - Terry

Thinking about heading up there. Do you know if we would have time afterwards to hit the range?

This weekend is not going to work out for me.

There will always be time to hit the range after a workday, and the range passes are super cheap!!! Highly recommend.

Does the outpost sell ammo? 9 and 45?

Does the outpost sell ammo? 9 and 45?

Excellent question. Last month I forgot to get ammo the night before and asked if they carried handgun calibers. They do, but they have limited amounts and it is, I thought, extremely expensive. I bought two 50rd 9mm target boxes for I don't remember how much, but that's all the 9mm target ammo they had. Everything else was fancy hornady self defense stuff.

TL;DR: Yes they do stock ammo, but bring your own if you can.

Excellent question. Last month I forgot to get ammo the night before and asked if they carried handgun calibers. They do, but they have limited amounts and it is, I thought, extremely expensive. I bought two 50rd 9mm target boxes for I don't remember how much, but that's all the 9mm target ammo they had. Everything else was fancy hornady self defense stuff.

TL;DR: Yes they do stock ammo, but bring your own if you can.

Good to know, I never knew they sold that at all

Do you bring your on targets? DO they have a pistol area?

They have targets for you. They have a rifle area and pistol area / lanes. Should be a decent amount of time to hit the range.

Thank you

If you come out tomorrow please come out here prepared for cooler weather. I do not stop working cause it is cooler outside. In fact I work harder when it is cooler to stay warm.

No go today. To much school work and work work. Have fun.

I need to ask about the protocol as far as little kids go. I originally planned on taking the wife and kiddies camping and leaving them to hike, hang out or whatever. With the cold, I had to scrap that plan. She scheduled something else for herself Saturday leaving me with the kids.

Do people bring kids along (mine are twin 6 year old boys)?
Seems that if this is a WORK day, kids that young probably aren't really appreciated.
I didn't want to get up before 5:00, drag them out of bed, & drive 3 1/2 hours just to be "that guy with the kids getting in the way".

If my assumption is wrong, please let me know. It would make attendance WAY easier.

Bring your kids by all means. We have numerous kids show up. We can put them into finding garbage or even going and getting supplies like nuts and bolts out of containers.

AWESOME!! Good to know. Thanks

I need to ask about the protocol as far as little kids go. I originally planned on taking the wife and kiddies camping and leaving them to hike, hang out or whatever. With the cold, I had to scrap that plan. She scheduled something else for herself Saturday leaving me with the kids.

Do people bring kids along (mine are twin 6 year old boys)?
Seems that if this is a WORK day, kids that young probably aren't really appreciated.
I didn't want to get up before 5:00, drag them out of bed, & drive 3 1/2 hours just to be "that guy with the kids getting in the way".

If my assumption is wrong, please let me know. It would make attendance WAY easier.

I've got twin 7 year old boys, they certainly keep things interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom