Note for folks seeking the elusive ability to split your phone's USB-C wire into separate power and data cables (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This only-such-device-on-Earth just got back in stock: USB C Splitter for Android Auto / Apple Carplay by Rohan Koripalli on Tindie - https://www.tindie.com/products/rkoripalli/usb-c-splitter-for-android-auto-apple-carplay/

I got one a couple years ago to separate my phone's USB port into a data cable that goes to my Naviplus Android Auto and Carplay unit, and a power cable that goes to my Power Delivery output from my aux battery. So I can actually charge at max power (up to 100W if my phone allowed it) and get wired Android Auto, which is truly awesome for music quality in the 200.

This thing actually works and is really tiny. You just need to play around to find compatible cables. I broke my splitter a few months back and was ecstatic to see it back in stock. Great solution for anyone stuck with inadequate USB charging while using wired Android Auto or Carplay.

This only-such-device-on-Earth just got back in stock: USB C Splitter for Android Auto / Apple Carplay by Rohan Koripalli on Tindie - https://www.tindie.com/products/rkoripalli/usb-c-splitter-for-android-auto-apple-carplay/

I got one a couple years ago to separate my phone's USB port into a data cable that goes to my Naviplus Android Auto and Carplay unit, and a power cable that goes to my Power Delivery output from my aux battery. So I can actually charge at max power (up to 100W if my phone allowed it) and get wired Android Auto, which is truly awesome for music quality in the 200.

This thing actually works and is really tiny. You just need to play around to find compatible cables. I broke my splitter a few months back and was ecstatic to see it back in stock. Great solution for anyone stuck with inadequate USB charging while using wired Android Auto or Carplay.

Thanks for the link. Says out of stock for me.

@BloggerL, do you have any photos of how you installed your splitter solution? Did you end up hiding wires behind any trim? I have one of the Gamiviti speaker grills and need to get that setup with device arms and charging ports.

@BloggerL, do you have any photos of how you installed your splitter solution? Did you end up hiding wires behind any trim? I have one of the Gamiviti speaker grills and need to get that setup with device arms and charging ports.

I'm afraid my setup is very basic and inelegant. I hide half the mess behind my ProClip and let the other half be.

The Pro Clip is probably my #1 upgrade. The phone is right next to my wheel, as close to the eye as possible without being an actual projectile aimed at my eyes. Minimizes my road-to-phone eye movement.

20230129_125523.jpg

I'm afraid my setup is very basic and inelegant. I hide half the mess behind my ProClip and let the other half be.

The Pro Clip is probably my #1 upgrade. The phone is right next to my wheel, as close to the eye as possible without being an actual projectile aimed at my eyes. Minimizes my road-to-phone eye movement.

View attachment 3234635
Nothing wrong with that!

Thanks for sharing a pic, and thanks for sharing a solution that works well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom