Not sure I like this Stanky feeling! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Out with the old and in with the new. I picked up a set of Ironman rear springs and swapped em out with the 12 year old stock ones today. I have a set of the 30mm Slee spacers that were on the old springs.
a4cdf69c.jpg

Side by side I didn't think they would lift my truck that much so I added the spacers to the Ironmans and finished the install. My guess is that the old springs compressed more than expected and the new ones don't.

The result was a 2" increase and a stank bug stance that doesn't feel good while behind the wheel.

Measurements are 21.5" front, 24" rear...center of hub to bottom of fender.
0c83ef99.jpg

Removing the spacer will still give me a gain of almost an inch over the previous setup and 22" center to bottom.

What are your measurements?

Aslo, anyone know the size of the rear breather tube? Its just a bit short and pulls to the top of the breather stem at full droop, id like to extend it a bit.

Ditch the spacers and you will be sitting pretty... You don't need them now (especially with no aftermarket bumper or other weight in the rear)... And yes the stock coils are soft compress much easier but appear taller due to different spring rates... Which Ironman coils did you go with? I have had several different coils on my 100 but the have all been OME. I know Ironman makes a couple different ones depending on load you carry.

What are your measurements?

Aslo, anyone know the size of the rear breather tube? Its just a bit short and pulls to the top of the breather stem at full droop, id like to extend it a bit.

I have 863's and rear bumper, I'm at 21.5"fr/22.5"rr

Do you have aftermarket shocks? The shocks limit the droop, there shouldn't be an issue with the breather line

Unanimous, the spacers will be leaving tomorrow. I have the 0-660# springs and Inronman shocks. Stock rear bumper with no plans in the immediate future to change.

Still need to lengthen the rear breather tube a bit. Droop was measured with shocks attached and it still pulled on the tube, I may be able to shorten a bit at the top as long as it doesn't bring the top of the tube down.

For reference here is a picture of my LX470 with the Ironman suspension installed last week by Slee. No additional weight in the truck and the 3rd row seats are in..

dsc00315tp.jpg

I decided to knock out the spacer removal today rather than wait, driving it like it was felt not right. My old springs must have sucked worse than I though, I am now sitting at 23" center to bottom where I was at 22" c to b with stock springs and 30mm spacers. Looks and feels much better!

^Nice rig!

yep the Ironman springs are rated for 660 lbs ABOVE stock weight and was told they are progressive...so loaded down they wont make you squat but empty will still give good ride. I like my setup very much.

The empty ride is much nicer, not stiff but definitely more stable than the old springs. I put put about 175 lbs. of drapery lining in the back yesterday and it dropped about 1/4" and rode great. Im still running the stock torsion bars and will eventually change them to match. Im quite happy with my setup as well. Solid bang for the buck investment and no confusion on which spring to buy.

yep....i love mine. i was tried and true OME but now am an IronMan believer. One of the Australian Offroad mags I have at house did a interview with owner of Ironman. Pretty good story about it starting over 50 years ago and developing and manufacturing everything in Australia.

Just think....I got the joy of removing AHC at same time I did install...double the fun. LOL

^That sounds like a blast...Sorry I missed that one!

Mine has a slight stink bug to it as well. I think i have the 860s in the rear. I have the front end setup to still retain 2 inches of droop. On large road humps at speed i can still feel the front end top out, but thats about the only time, so its good for my needs. I am hoping a rear bumper lowers the back end down some.

For reference here is a picture of my LX470 with the Ironman suspension installed last week by Slee. No additional weight in the truck and the 3rd row seats are in..

dsc00315tp.jpg

Nice looking lx! Which sliders are you running?

Taylor O said:
Nice looking lx! Which sliders are you running?
I have the Metal Tech sliders that I got during Thanksgiving. I got the suspension at the same time. It just took me this long to get them installed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom