[Not] Looking for 60/70 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What engine?

Edit: looks like a K series engine 77. Looks like the typical aftermarket steering wheel so assuming JDM ( they like black paint too).

How close am I?

Edit edit: nope... Probably a Hz engine... Just noticed the front shackles. I thought I saw control arms, but that was the back half of the leaf springs...

Just found your ad (swear I didn't look before my guessing!). If Georg says is good then you got a good deal. Pumps can be rebuilt, as can t cases.

I think I have an HZ air con compressor on the shelf with Georg. I could have it sent down to you if you need one to run the truck while you find someone to service your current one. I think they are not voltage specific, but you'd have to ask Georg to make sure.

Let me know. I also have a rebuilt pump on the shelf too if you haven't rebuilt yours yet.

K

Oh, and I run a turboed HZ if you have any questions.

I really appreciate this. I'm kind of beat up after going through all this. Spent more than was planning to and am actually seriously considering if it should be in someone else's hands. I did ask Georg to tell me straight up if this was a good rig and he thought it was.

I think at this stage I'm still at the diagnosis part. At first there was a loud squeak coming from the belt area. Georg thinks it might just be the bearing in the clutch. As the belt is also now loose. But I'm not a gearhead by any means. I do know that the AC isn't blowing cold.

IMG_1074B2C00383-1.jpeg

Welcome to the 77 family. I've had mine since 2016. I've done everything on it myself, so very familiar. I am in Valley Center, be happy to be a local resource for you. Bring it by to the next meeting.

Welcome to the 77 family. I've had mine since 2016. I've done everything on it myself, so very familiar. I am in Valley Center, be happy to be a local resource for you. Bring it by to the next meeting.
Any chance I could bring it up to you this weekend? Oh wait. shoot it's the 4th. I'll be out of town next week so maybe when I get back later in July.

I'll be at the meeting tonight too. With @Loober there we should be able to check it out and get you in the right direction. Don't give up hope. Lots fo rigs need some love once they chnage hands, not matter how dialed in they are reported to be. If Georg says it's good, it's good.

I'll be at the meeting tonight too. With @Loober there we should be able to check it out and get you in the right direction. Don't give up hope. Lots fo rigs need some love once they chnage hands, not matter how dialed in they are reported to be. If Georg says it's good, it's good.
Ah I'm out of town so I will miss today's meeting, but I will be there on 8/1.

I monkeyed around with it myself and I did fix the issue. The belt was new and I think loosened a bit with all the driving I've been doing. I just had to tighten it! Look at me!!!

But I did decide overall that the cruiser won't work out for our family right now and will be putting it up for sale. When I get back into town you'll see it on Mud. It was all my fault for jumping in with two feet into a 70 series. The lack of airbags and two 4-yr olds at home bothered me a lot more than I thought it would. But I hope to snag a newer cruiser or 4runner to stay in the gang.

You are smarter than most of us on here, making that realization before sinking a ton of money into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom