Noisy Injector Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the other thread it appears advancing or adjusting timing in injection pump isn't really necessary and most guys said theirs ran great without doing so. Is this pretty typical?

Ive never had to do it , although I think I was the first to alert owners about the problems with worn ACSD 15 years ago.
I was told by a very experienced toyota injection shop, no adjustment necessary, but some have said their pumps needed some adjustment.

Gonna try and revive this thread to get some input on my ticking. So on my 93 1hdt I get a ticking sound from injector pump but only when cold. Once it warms up it goes away. Also when it is doing it (while cold) if I give it just a tiny bit of throttle, and i mean a tiny bit, like 1-200 rpms it stops. Pump does not appear to be leaking anywhere

Gday, so I’ve just been reading through this thread as I’ve got basics the same issue.

I’ve just had all the seals replaced on my injector pump and have bypassed the fuel filter but it’s still making this metallic type rattle/ting, only when cold but not so much when idling. when I get the RPM higher it rings louder but it goes away once the motor is warm. Just wondering if you ended up fixing yours or if anyone else in here might be able to point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Just wondering if you ended up fixing yours or if anyone else in here might be able to point me in the right direction?

Is it a car a plane or superman?

Gday, so I’ve just been reading through this thread as I’ve got basics the same issue.

I’ve just had all the seals replaced on my injector pump and have bypassed the fuel filter but it’s still making this metallic type rattle/ting, only when cold but not so much when idling. when I get the RPM higher it rings louder but it goes away once the motor is warm. Just wondering if you ended up fixing yours or if anyone else in here might be able to point me in the right direction?

Cheers
So I deleted my cold start device and mine completely went away. Mine seemed to be worse when it was idling, or at least more noticeable.

Dear Members,

I have a 1997 JDM HDJ81V with a 1HD-FT engine.

Recently I've noticed a high pitch noise from the injector pump which is heard when the engine warms up.

When I pump the lift pump a few times it disappears for a few seconds and comes back.

This only happened after I put in a dose of injector cleaner in the tank.

Thought maybe the fuel filter is clogged, changed with a new genuine filter (I always use genuine filters) but no change.

Anyone experienced this??

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi, I know this is a long time ago, but did you ever find out what was causing your noise? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom